AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does A Line Conditioner Like The Monster Power 7100 Actually Make A Difference?

Also How About Wires. I Have Really Good Equipment, Does It Make A Difference To Spend A Lot Of Money On Cables, For Audio?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I Understand Monster Filters Out Superfluous Capital Letters With Their Patented Filt-O-Let System. It's Totally Cool!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcascio44

Also How About Wires. I Have Really Good Equipment, Does It Make A Difference To Spend A Lot Of Money On Cables, For Audio?
If you have good equipment, you don't want to wimp out on crappy cable. You want good cable, but good cable doesn't mean that you need to spend money on monster cables. For speaker cables, just make sure they're around 12 guage wire would perform as good as monster (if not better) and you can get them for less than .50c/ft at home depot. Cabling should be at least 10% of your home theater budget.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
No, No, No... You Should Spend At Least Half Your Income On Cables. You Will Feel Empowered and Lighter in Spirit (Or At Least Wallet)

Enjoy!

P.S. Do Let Us Know What Russian Sub You Snag.

·
Registered
577 Posts
How about some helpful information. First, do a search here for previous threads about connectors and cables. You'll find about a million of them. That's why you're getting very little useful feedback; most people around here are burned out on the topic from all the previous flame wars (pardon the pun). I'll stop here with these last words of advice: there's no AV law which states all cabling and wiring must be manufactured by Monster.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcascio44
The HTPS-7000 and 5100 are very nice (and very different) products. Why don't you try one from a retailer with a good return policy and see for yourself?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja Phule
If you have good equipment, you don't want to wimp out on crappy cable. You want good cable, but good cable doesn't mean that you need to spend money on monster cables. For speaker cables, just make sure they're around 12 guage wire would perform as good as monster (if not better) and you can get them for less than .50c/ft at home depot. Cabling should be at least 10% of your home theater budget.
I agree with you that cabling need not be expensive to deliver excellent performance, but I disagree that there is any certain budget percentage that is right for cabling. It implies that one can meet that criteria just by paying higher prices for the exact same cabling.

Choose your cabling based on what you actually need, not on a percentage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the Monster Line conditioner did make a diff. in my system cause I live in a 5 story Building. I call it the BRITA for electronics, IE it filters out all the bad stuff that your outlet can pick up ( cordless phones,cell phones, radio stations etc etc etc. We have this device at the store that can measure the amount of RF in an AC line with a speaker on the side. I plugged it in to wall and I could hear all the crap in the AC line. when I plugged it into the monster all that noise was gone. It does work.

Cables they do make a difference over the LAMP Chord and the Cheap interconnect crap you get in the box with some CD players.

A good pair of interconnects from the CD player to the preamp and some decent cables to the speakers.

Maybe $100.00 tops for all that.

good luck and happy Hunting

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Quote:
We have this device at the store that can measure the amount of RF in an AC line with a speaker on the side.
So, you're a monster salesdroid....with no electrical background whatsoever...as revealed in your posts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
.with no electrical background whatsoever...as revealed in your posts.

Ohh so what I heard didnt happen? Because I didnt KNOW the name of the device that I was Using? HUH is that it. What is it TONY HUH? and NO I dont have a backround in ELECTRONICS. How many people in this Business Do? The ones who sell that is.

AHH it would not be a thread about cables without a snide and degrading remark from TONY DBA

So should One have to be a mechanic to sell a car ?

What is your Friggen Problem?

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Quote:
How many people in this Business Do?
Not enough.

Quote:
What is your Friggen Problem?
Morons like you who spew nothing but crap...get a clue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
Morons like you who spew nothing but crap...get a clue.

CRAP HUH? what Kind of Crap. I trust one thing and one thing only MY EARS. I guess what you are saying is that all of my customers are deaf and that they would be better off with a CRAPPHONIC system from WALMART and a pair of ****COUSTICS FOR 25.00. Using lampchord for speaker cable and in the BOX RCA's.

Oh yeah TONY

GO **** YOURSELF

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
hey frothing angry guy who can't debate logically,

You play chords on a piano, or guitar.....conductors that carry electrical signals, are called, by the layperson such as yourself, cords.

Quote:
GO **** YOURSELF
...classy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Again with the ever high and mighty remarks from TONY DBA

It must be soooooooooo great being you TONY. Everyone is wrong and you are right

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C Sherman
the Monster Line conditioner did make a diff. in my system cause I live in a 5 story Building. I call it the BRITA for electronics, IE it filters out all the bad stuff that your outlet can pick up ( cordless phones,cell phones, radio stations etc etc etc. We have this device at the store that can measure the amount of RF in an AC line with a speaker on the side. I plugged it in to wall and I could hear all the crap in the AC line. when I plugged it into the monster all that noise was gone. It does work.
I think the bigger problem is that your gear is susceptible to picking the stuff up. That indicates some possible design deficiency.

What kind of device is that think that measures the RF? And what does the loudspeaker on it do?

Quote:
Cables they do make a difference over the LAMP cord and the Cheap interconnect crap you get in the box with some CD players.
Actually, the lamp cord, if it's of adequate size, is great for loudspeakers, and the cheap in-the-box interconnects usually are quite decent. The only problems I've seen with the ICs are that they sometimes don't take a lot of plugging and unplugging.

Quote:
A good pair of interconnects from the CD player to the preamp and some decent cables to the speakers.

Maybe $100.00 tops for all that.
$100? That would include dinner for two. ;)

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Quote:
What kind of device is that think that measures the RF?
It's a 'device' made by monster cable to show how superior their power bars are...no bias there.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.