AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Monster Power 1000. It has 3 sets of RF in and out labeled Sat/Cable/Ant. I have a D**TV HD Tivo unit that requires 2 Sat ins. I have one routed through the Sat input/output of the Monster and one in the Ant. The one in the Ant does not seem to hold the signal as well as the Sat. Do you think there is a difference in the bandwidth of the two inputs?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
To be clear, you'd have to switch all four cables (both in and both out) because it could be any one of the cables.

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Right. I meant switch the Monster filters between the two signal paths to see if it was at fault.

Kal

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, but, it's a real PITA in my setup to switch around the inputs. I was hoping to find the answer and do it only once. However, we all know it will drive me crazy and I will wake up at 3:00am and have to tear everything apart and.....

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePilk
Thanks all, but, it's a real PITA in my setup to switch around the inputs. I was hoping to find the answer and do it only once. However, we all know it will drive me crazy and I will wake up at 3:00am and have to tear everything apart and.....
You're asking a basic diagnostics question. I wouldn't trust an answer I got off any Internet forum over doing the diagnostics myself.

Personally, my guess would be one of the four (or more) cables involved is probably defective, or an LNB is bad. But I base that on my disbelief that a Monster product actually does anything at all, or if it does, that it would screw up everything equally. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.