AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there i am going to pick up my 58" 800u tom. I will be bringing it home on a 7-10 min drive. There will be three of these tv's in the box of my pick-up.

Firstly do you guys have any tips on how to put them into the box (spraps pads ect...)

Also i have a monster screen cleaning product that i use for my laptop and samsung lcd. Will this work with my tv. It is a bluespray and a microfiber cloth.

thx for the advice and tips

i am unsure because i have heard conflicting answers elsewhere on the monster cleaner. and also how to bring home plasma's in a pickup truck box.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I use the Monster Screen Clean on my Plasma and it works greats. I know my bottle says safe to use on LCD's and Plasma's!!!

As for bring it home, Keep it in a Standing up Position, and Strap it down tight enough not to fall over on you when making turns. It's already packed how it needs to be. If your getting 1, who's getting the other 2? Anyway being lots of straps!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asb-123 /forum/post/15445204

the other tvs are for relatives. Do i need to put any padding on the floor or inbetween the tv's?

if the tvs are still in their orginal boxes, then no. They are already pretty well packed. Just make sure they are transported upright and stacked next to each other with no space between them. As mentioned, it would be a pretty good idea to strap them down so they don't tip over on turns.

what size pick-up? If full-size, then you should be able to get 3 into the bed. If mid-size or compact, it may be a close call but I doubt 3 would fit.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't h8 /forum/post/15445263

if the tvs are still in their orginal boxes, then no. They are already pretty well packed. Just make sure they are transported upright and stacked next to each other with no space between them. As mentioned, it would be a pretty good idea to strap them down so they don't tip over on turns.

what size pick-up? If full-size, then you should be able to get 3 into the bed. If mid-size or compact, it may be a close call but I doubt 3 would fit.

its a gmc 2500 hd. Full sized 8ft box

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im just worried about the monster cleaner because there are ALOT of people that use it and say its good. But, there are also ALOT of people that say its too harsh and strips the coatings.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Don't use the monster cleaner! Nor the cloth that comes with it.

Do yourself a favor and go to a camera store or order online--microfiber lens cloth.($10-$20)

Repeat....DO NOT USE MONSTER SCREEN CLEANER!!!!!!!!(Nor the cloth with it)

If the microfiber can't take it off, then use distilled water with it, but just enough.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what about the Best Buy Phillips stuff?

we handled our TV while hot & sweaty, at one point i had my greasy noggin on it.

and the wife brought home this blue phillips aprt #

svc2543w/17

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S /forum/post/15448188

Don't use the monster cleaner! Nor the cloth that comes with it.

Do yourself a favor and go to a camera store or order online--microfiber lens cloth.($10-$20)

Repeat....DO NOT USE MONSTER SCREEN CLEANER!!!!!!!!(Nor the cloth with it)

If the microfiber can't take it off, then use distilled water with it, but just enough.

how much will a microfiber cloth (if i cant use the monster one) and some distilled water cost? also what is special about distilled water

·
Registered
933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asb-123 /forum/post/15451528

how much will a microfiber cloth (if i cant use the monster one) and some distilled water cost? also what is special about distilled water

Tap water contains impurities. Depending on where you live they could be heavily iron or calcium based and the PH might be a little off. Using distilled water ensures a neutral PH with no impurities.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni_panther /forum/post/15451563

Tap water contains impurities. Depending on where you live they could be heavily iron or calcium based and the PH might be a little off. Using distilled water ensures a neutral PH with no impurities.

where would i get distilled water. Also can anyone else confirm that my monster cleaner is BAD

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asb-123 /forum/post/15451804

where would i get distilled water. Also can anyone else confirm that my monster cleaner is BAD

Distilled water can be found at any grocery store; make sure you get "distilled", and not purified or something like that.

...I'm waiting on someone else to answer the second part of your question...

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
$10-$20 for a very good microfiber cloth.

Check local camera stores, if you don't have any, order online from a camera supply store.

They are used to wipe camera lenses.

The moster "cloth" is too textured and does not work like a microfiber cloth....I wouldn't even use it on my bezel as these piano blacks can scrath extremely easily.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought the memorex brand of screen cleaner with cloth and it sucks! It left streaks everywhere! I had to use the cloth that came with my raybans to clean most of the streaks off. I am not to sure about the cleaner either. I saw a phillips brand cleaning gel in wal mart, and the salesperson recomended it. Does anyone know if it's any good? What about regular glass cleaner? I have this environmentally friendly cleaner (which I haven't tried and wont if I get any negative info on it) called 'green works' which is plant and mineral based and contains no phosphorus and no bleach. What do you think? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks, JoeB

·
Registered
95 Posts
my wife got the Phillips gel for aboput 10 bux at BBuy, and it worked good for me,

i had just hung the TV, and had sweat all over it.

i used the gel on the screen, and some elbow grease to get it clean. no problems i can see.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.