Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Evan)
What is up with this incredibly expensive cable from Monster? Has anyone see it in person? The cable itself it extremely fat and bulky, and it only goes up to 20', which will cost you $160. Who the heck uses this stuff...and why??

http://www.monstercable.com/thx/prod...eaker%20Cables

Evan
It's not THAT expensive compared to what's out there. Some folks like the way it looks.

Kal

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Evan)
What is up with this incredibly expensive cable from Monster? Has anyone see it in person? The cable itself it extremely fat and bulky, and it only goes up to 20', which will cost you $160. Who the heck uses this stuff...and why??

http://www.monstercable.com/thx/prod...eaker%20Cables

Evan
I don't get it either? I think it looks "cool" and the price seems very reasonable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats cheap compared to thier SIGMA retro which will run you a couple grand

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Wow, I have never seen the Sigma Retro cables.

1 8ft pair

1 6ft pair

1 3ft pair

$4500.00 USD for the set.

As far as the THX Ultra, they look pretty cool. I actually have a set of 10ft Ultra cables that I won from BestBuy. Unfortunately I need about 12 ft to hook up my fronts so I am just using regular 14 gauge wire. The Monster stuff looks cooler but it doesn't quite reach. Oh well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Version
Wow, I have never seen the Sigma Retro cables.

1 8ft pair

1 6ft pair

1 3ft pair

$4500.00 USD for the set.

As far as the THX Ultra, they look pretty cool. I actually have a set of 10ft Ultra cables that I won from BestBuy. Unfortunately I need about 12 ft to hook up my fronts so I am just using regular 14 gauge wire. The Monster stuff looks cooler but it doesn't quite reach. Oh well.

Want to sell it? PM me?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have thick glow in the dark cables in the computer tower, the motherboard is light activated and the fans are neon. Combined it cost more than some budget comps. So there are people like me that take the boring look and modded it. I hope they'll start making the THX glow in the dark or something. I'm planning to make the A/V rack glow with neon too, add black lights and those cables ought to glow too. Perfect when you have the theater lights down and you can't help but notice .

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Still doesn't explain Magnetic Flux Tube. ;)

The embarassing part is that a computer rag did a scientific sort of test and your average Hi Fi mag will simply wax euphoric about the glories of cables.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Still doesn't explain Magnetic Flux Tube. ;)
Magnetic Flux Tube ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I guess I was just being cynical when I assumed that chintzy stuff in the middle of monster wire was just to make it look thicker. Go figure. ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I carry a set of Monster Ultra THX cables in my car for use as jumper cables. I've found that vehicles in need of assistance start up 15% faster with smoother voltage transfers. People who use Schuck's jumper cables don't know what they're missing.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I just want to know what a " Magnetic Flux Tube®" is.
I think they mean "Magic Flux Tube" I heard them talking about it in the Harry Potter movie :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.