1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Very different. The Monster is an AC voltage regulator and nothing else. The Panamax is a filter, switcher, surge protector, isolator, etc., etc, but NOT an AC voltage regulator.

Those are facts. I charge extra for opinions.

Kal

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Both are way overpriced IMO. For that money you can buy a balanced power unit from several sources, including Blue Circle, Balanced Power Technology, or Equi-Tech (1.5Q), that will do a better job reducing line noise and hums.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafgoose
Monster Cable AVS 2000 - MSRP: $1,499
http://www.monstercable.com/power/pr...%20Stabilizers

Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator - MSRP: $1,499
http://www.panamax.com/products.cfm?...il&id=260&ly=h

Both units are the same price. Witch one is better and why? I know there is allot of Monster hatters around here. I am looking for pure facts not just opinions. ;)
deafgoose,

As Kal points out - those are two very different animals.

There are other members of the Monster line that would be a better compaison to the

Panamax.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Monster Cable lists the AVS2000 as an “Automatic Voltage Stabilizer†that’s all it is nothing more. The Avs2000 adds and subtracts incoming voltage to give you a steady 120Volts. The Avs200 is nosy, inconstant, and lots of people feel it fluctuates the voltage more then your house would, that it could damage your components over time.

I would go with a power regenerator over a stabilizer any day of the week.

If you have not already taken a look at the Audiophile APS, You should. Regenerated clean power with a battery back in case the power go’s out, all in a small chassis.

www.audiophileaps.com

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Consider the APC S-15 or S-10 that do AC voltage regulation, filtering and battery backup.

Kal

·
Banned
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson
Consider the APC S-15 or S-10 that do AC voltage regulation, filtering and battery backup.

Kal
RGPC Pole Pig, and be done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901
Both are way overpriced IMO. For that money you can buy a balanced power unit from several sources, including Blue Circle, Balanced Power Technology, or Equi-Tech (1.5Q), that will do a better job reducing line noise and hums.
The Panamax 5510-PRO being referenced in fact does provide balanced power from some of its outlets.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
For true voltage regulation you should use a Double Conversion UPS (AC to DC back to AC). I believe that Triplite has one that is 800watt ($500) and another that is around 1200 to 1500 watts for under 1k. You could go ferro-resonant, but they are very heavy and the good ones are expensive. Watch out for "Voltage Regulation" and "True Signwave" statements, they are usual referring to when you are on batteries! You want "Voltage Regulation" and "True Signwave" when in AC also.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millwood
That would be an interesting feature to have for a power supply, :)
Sorry... Sine wave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.