AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic 56wxf95a which displays 720p natively. I bought my xobx and got the monster cables . The picture looks great!!!!! The sound awesome!!!! Currently I am playing Halo and Oddworld ( which I think is the most visually stunning game i have ever seen!!!). Anyway, you guys keep saying that you are using the HDpack for your HD tvs. I thought by buying the monster cables I wouldn't have to buy the HDpack because it does the same thing? AM I correct? Thanks Scot

·
Registered
393 Posts
Scot,

You are correct. The thing that bothers me about the monster cable setup is that you have to buy two different cable packages at a cost close to $ 100 to get component video and digital sound. You don't have any choice on the digital cable. I already had some component video cables and an optical cable so I purchased the HD pak at a cost of $ 20.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Yes it did cost around $100. unfortunately. But iot does work nicely . I also got a regular s-video setup for another tv since i will be switching the xbox back and forth between tvs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a buddy that works at Best Buy, and I was able to get both Monster accessories for around 60 bucks if I remember correctly. Even for 100 bucks, they would definetly be worth the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.