AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the only way of owning these titles early is with the purchase of a Blu- Ray Player from Samsung and/or Panasonic, right?

How long before we see TMT and Powerdvd 3-D solutions?

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/18290864

Seems like the only way of owning these titles early is with the purchase of a Blu- Ray Player from Samsung and/or Panasonic, right?

How long before we see TMT and Powerdvd 3-D solutions?

M v A is included in the 3D starter kit (Samsung) which includes 2 pair of the glasses ($349)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/09/s...uyers-started/

Quote:
Panasonic and Samsung have already begun selling 3-D HDTVs. Fox said the 3-D edition of Ice Age will be given free to anyone who purchases the 50-inch Panasonic 3-D TV and 3-D Blu-ray player, which retails for a combined price of $2,900
http://www.tvpredictions.com/panasonic031110.htm

CyberLink Demonstrates 3D Blu-ray on all major PC platforms at CES

Quote:
The 3D Blu-ray capable version of PowerDVD Ultra is expected in mid 2010, prior to the release of 3D Blu-ray movie titles.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/compan...nt.do?pid=2333

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Hmm, looks like a case holder for the movie on the back of the box but then the guy is holding the movie in a cheap paper sleeve. I hope there is a hard case container for the movie.

·
Registered
HT Room: Atmos 7.1.4 with 117" 21:9 AT DYI screen & prism; Bedroom: Atmos 5.1.4 with 55" OLED
885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/18292394

Should look like this (UK version):

That's it?!! This small "3D" logo is supposed to tell people about full resolution, full color 3D experience for the home? This looks more low-key than e.g. the 3D label for Coraline in crappy anaglyph.

They really need to step up their game in informing customers of the benefits, if they want this to go anywhere.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabaeus /forum/post/18292806

That's it?!! This small "3D" logo is supposed to tell people about full resolution, full color 3D experience for the home? This looks more low-key than e.g. the 3D label for Coraline in crappy anaglyph.

They really need to step up their game in informing customers of the benefits, if they want this to go anywhere.

That's a bad, out of focus image (all I could find). At the top of the case you will see the new 3D BD logo:

·
Registered
468 Posts
It'd be great if they did digital distribution of 3D movies. Then you don't have to worry if your 3D display is "compatible". Just download the 3D vid and play in a player that supports different 3D modes like nVidia's 3D Vision stereoscopic player.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier2 /forum/post/18310399

It'd be great if they did digital distribution of 3D movies. Then you don't have to worry if your 3D display is "compatible". Just download the 3D vid and play in a player that supports different 3D modes like nVidia's 3D Vision stereoscopic player.

While I love digital distribution (I use Steam for purchasing games), even with my 16Mbps connection, it would take quite a while to download a 40GB movie.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier2 /forum/post/18310399

CinemaNow will soon stream 3d blu ray movies

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/18315776

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-80568052.html

I don't see 3D BD specifically mentioned. Do you have a link that does?
http://www.slashgear.com/sonic-geari...movies-at-home

Sonic gearing up to offer 3D movies at home

More and more movies are being released into theaters in 3D these days, which is no doubt impressive, but wouldn't it be nice to have this technology at home? That's what Sonic thinks as they begin development of a 3D home movie delivery system.

In an effort to get this project off the ground, Sonic is working with NVIDIA and others to bring GeForce 3D Vision to their Roxio CinemaNow player.

Compatible displays include the ViewSonic FuHzion VX2265wm and the Samsung 2233RZ. The movies will be shown in 1080p and can be shown on anything device that's 3D-ready including projectors. There's no word on any potential release date or cost, but we'll keep you posted.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen70 /forum/post/18316777

http://www.slashgear.com/sonic-geari...movies-at-home

Sonic gearing up to offer 3D movies at home

More and more movies are being released into theaters in 3D these days, which is no doubt impressive, but wouldn't it be nice to have this technology at home? That's what Sonic thinks as they begin development of a 3D home movie delivery system.

In an effort to get this project off the ground, Sonic is working with NVIDIA and others to bring GeForce 3D Vision to their Roxio CinemaNow player.

Compatible displays include the ViewSonic FuHzion VX2265wm and the Samsung 2233RZ. The movies will be shown in 1080p and can be shown on anything device that's 3D-ready including projectors. There's no word on any potential release date or cost, but we'll keep you posted.

Link is not working BTW.

If that is the article - that doesn't mean 3D BD movies. It can mean 3D movies at reduced resolution like CBL and SAT will offer - 1/2 res per eye instead of 3D BD's full HD per eye.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/18316851

Link is not working BTW.

If that is the article - that doesn't mean 3D BD movies. It can mean 3D movies at reduced resolution like CBL and SAT will offer - 1/2 res per eye instead of 3D BD's full HD per eye.

I will say this we all know that streamed 3D video will not stack up against a 3D blu ray disc. Someone said I wish we could stream 3d and I found an article about it. It really doesn't matter to most people how they add,divide,subtract or however they get the 3d movie ready to be viewed. All people really want is a good 3d quality download or stream so I am sorry if I made it seem that it would be on par with a 3D blu ray disc

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen70 /forum/post/18318121

I will say this we all know that streamed 3D video will not stack up against a 3D blu ray disc. Someone said I wish we could stream 3d and I found an article about it. It really doesn't matter to most people how they add,divide,subtract or however they get the 3d movie ready to be viewed. All people really want is a good 3d quality download or stream so I am sorry if I made it seem that it would be on par with a 3D blu ray disc

LOL - you weren't the only one:

Quote:
Originally posted by taz291819

While I love digital distribution (I use Steam for purchasing games), even with my 16Mbps connection, it would take quite a while to download a 40GB movie.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/18318218

LOL - you weren't the only one:

It's convenient, just not plausible right now. Now, if you have a good enough connection, you can set up the download in the morning (like from work) and it'll be ready by the time you get home. With a 16Mbps connection, it would take a little over 5 1/2 hours to download a 40GB movie.

Don't forget about ISP caps though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone know if the Blu Ray included in the Samsung starter kit will play on 3D Blu Ray players other than the Samsung's?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts