Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

Paramount/Dreamworks home entertainment will release

3D versions of:

How to Train Your Dragon

Monsters Vs. Aliens and

Megamind

as Best Buy exclusives.

Full retail price will be $34.99 for each title, but you can expect a lower sale price during the first week of release, in addition to a possible buy more, save more promotion...just like there was with the Fox releases of Narnia, Rio and Ice Age last week.

The status of the Shrek and Kung Fu Panda Samsung exclusive titles are still unknown at this time, and are likely to remain exclusives throughout the holiday shopping season. It is also unknown how long the exclusivity of these Best Buy titles will last.

Disc specs are expected to be identical to the previously released versions from Samsung, though additional 2D, DVD and Digital Copies may be offered.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

·
Registered
17,105 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!
I have HTTYD which is my favorite blu ray 3d movie right now, but would LOVE to get the other 2. I would assume MvA will have a lossless track on this release? I think the exclusive version that has been out for a while now only had a lossy track, right? I would hope they would update this to lossless with this release! As much as I want MvA, no lossless would mean no sale for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bah! I literally received my copy of Megamind in the mail from EBay just the other day. Granted I only paid $40 after shipping so its not a huge loss. Glad I saw this though cause I've been stalking for a ddecently priced HTTYD.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow, great news! Can't wait for HTTYD and MvA. It'd be nice if this is a start of a trend with a store getting exclusives for 30 days instead of all the manufacturer #[email protected]% we've been dealing with.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The best news is the full retail price is finally dropping.

I saw HTTYD on the Home Theater Cruise last year with a kick ass $140K projector on a large screen. I'm afraid my home experience will be much inferior.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I will be getting Megamind and HttyD!
I have MvA already

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
This is fantastic news. Finally starting to see some great titles hitting the shelves.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster123456 /forum/post/20800164

On Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

Paramount/Dreamworks home entertainment will release

3D versions of:

How to Train Your Dragon

Monsters Vs. Aliens and

Megamind

as Best Buy exclusives.

Full retail price will be $34.99 for each title, but you can expect a lower sale price during the first week of release, in addition to a possible buy more, save more promotion...just like there was with the Fox releases of Narnia, Rio and Ice Age last week.

The status of the Shrek and Kung Fu Panda Samsung exclusive titles are still unknown at this time, and are likely to remain exclusives throughout the holiday shopping season. It is also unknown how long the exclusivity of these Best Buy titles will last.

Disc specs are expected to be identical to the previously released versions from Samsung, though additional 2D, DVD and Digital Copies may be offered.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

Not to be negative, but I haven't seen this on any of the other big Blu and AV related sites I visit. Where'd you find this?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks like I'll be poorer come Sept. Are these going to be Blu Ray combo packs or just the 3D BD? I'm hoping for combo packs so I can sell the BD copies I have to offset the costs, otherwise having the BD and the 3D BD set will be damn near 60 bucks a piece....

·
Super Moderator
16,816 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
I see it's on a bluray.com thread but I don't see any official announcement anywhere. What's the source of this info?

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
MONSTERS vs. ALIENS - [S3DR] September 6 - Best Buy Exclusive

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON - [S3DR] September 6 - BB Exclusive

MEGAMIND - [S3DR] September 6 - BB Exclusive

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hooray! Just got outbid on Megamind a few minutes ago.

I'm glad that these titles will be getting a wide release and I hope Kung Fu Panda won't be too far behind.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts