AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen it posted here, but Buy.com has the Montego DDL sound card for $55.99, cheapest I've seen it for by about $20. There's also a 10% off coupon on Buy.com's site, which drops the price to $50.39 shipped. Pretty hot deal I think, I ordered one.

Montego DDL @ Buy.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
The guidelines in the sticky seem somewhat vague. It says what is ok to post, but then goes on to say:

"With that said we are not wanting this to be a pricewatch or hotdeals forum so the item must be relevant to HTPC's and be a bargain deal worth repeating... Again it is important to differentiate between pointing to a deal with a 3rd party and pointing to an item or website you are running or selling."

which makes it seem like no hot deals but an HTPC related item that's a bargain is ok? So who knows.

It doesn't seem to be in conflict with AV Science's business, it's not software, and it's not a powerbuy. This is an item related to HTPCs and it is a bargin. I guess elvislives could work for buy.com, but there's no commision/referrer link and the price is $20 lower than any e-tailer. To me it's seems this is an ok post, but I'm not a mod. I guess we could use some clarification on this subject.

·
Registered
120 Posts
They sure are.

Is it allowed to post items such as this in the AVS club members only forums? If so that could be an incentive.

I know there are a lot of dimwitted companies out there trying to gain exposure through niche boards such as these. But at the same time I fell that if this is the only reason why all of us have our "privileges" revoked, it is an unfair ruling.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Sale deals are ONLY allowed in the member's deals forum now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.