AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shopping last night and was all set to buy a copy of the new 'The Complete Monterey Pop Festival--Critereon Collection', when I noticed on the back of the box that the discs were in a 4:3 format. This is the three disc set with the complete Hendrix and Otis Redding show on disc 2 and another 2 hours of the unused film footage on disc 3. Since at least the first disc is a copy of the original theatrical film which I don't remember as 4:3, I was really disappointed. Before I plunk down my hard earned $80 on this one, I would rather own a widescreen edition. Did they really screw this up and release only 4:3 versions? They did go to the trouble to put the audio in 5.1 DTS, so I am shocked they didn't do the film justice too. Does anyone know if there is a widescreen version out too, and if so where would I get a copy?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don't be disappointed.

The OAR for this movie was 1.33:1.

This is according to the review of it from DigitallyObsessed.com

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I looked on the Critereon web page and they listed the ratio there as 1.33:1 and stated that they always present the movie in its original format. The review on Amazon said the video was a beautiful "high definition" transfer, but did not say aspect ratio, so I took that to mean widescreen. I had seen the movie in theaters, and did not recall it being in 4:3, but it sounds like that is the only version available according to the Critereon web page, so I guess I will jump in and buy that version. Do you have the show, how do you like it? I hear the sound is great?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.