AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6940 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll scan channel 14 when I get home tonight. (Been doing this about 3 days a week anyway) And I'll check in the morning before I leave for work. Also has anyone heard about UPN? There suppost to go live on channel 48 out of Troy soon to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Should show up as 12-1, but I haven't gotten anything yet. I scanned this morning again, but being its early if it was going to pop up today it would probably be later on .

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Tigerman73

...and it would be somewhere on their website, which it isn't. Guess they didn't make it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tried last night and this morning. Nothing. Did'nt really think it would be. I just hope they are up and running before the Olympics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
From what I can tell it doesn't appear as though they have filed for an extension w/ the FCC to delay bringing it on. Their current extension runs through the 24th. Hopefully they'll get rolling shortly. On UPN from Troy it looks like all that is holding that one up FWIW is some money coming in to the owner of the station from his architectural work done at Ft. Rucker, he says that the HD equipment is ordered and ready to ship but he can't get it until his check comes in. I got a chuckle out of that one when I read it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No problems here. I would check your cables and plugs. I had that problem and found out it was a bad cable from the Antenna to the pre amp. It must have broken inside the cable because from the outside it looked fine. Do you turn your Antenna alot?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Any news on WSFA? I have been out of town for about a week (last Thursday I found I had a detached retina and had surgery last Friday at UAB) and scanned when I got home but no WSFA digital. Looks like it's getting down to a "race" between WSFA and WAKA. Stan

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Tigerman

Can you see if WAKA has any kind of documentation regarding when they'll go live with their HD.

SD4934

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope everything went well.

According to my contact, WSFA was suppose to HD on March 30 or April 1st. Obviously, that didn't happen. Tigerman was saying that WSFA has an extention till the 24th.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking at the FCC website, WSFA still has not filed for any extentions on going HD. I would assume they are looking to go live shortly. WAKA filed for another extention on 2/24 to go thru 10/24. So the best guess would be late this year, they are still proclaiming no money.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Incredible about WAKA. Isn't CBS the most watched network??

They'll probably drag it out till the last minute.

Thanks for checking Tigerman

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
While I was down at my parents in Ozark, I had a lot of time to watch TV. I noticed that both ABC and CBS down there are transmitting HD (the NBC station for that area is WSFA). Looks like CBS is now available in southeast Alabama, southwest Alabama, north east Alabama and north

central Alabama but not in the capital city area. I guess we are at the mercy of the station owners. Stan

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Many of my favorite shows are on CBS. My guess is that they know people will watch them in SD so why spend the money to upgrade to HD until they have to.

Stan. Anybody closer than Birmingham broadcasting CBS in HD?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Not that I am aware of except, possibly, an APT station-not sure of all the locations. The stations in the Dothan area would be 120-130 miles away.

Stan

·
Registered
240 Posts
I sometime could pick up CBS out of Dothan with my Samsung SIR receiver. And I live north of Montgomery. I really need to buy that back from my dad. He never really uses it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This a response I got from WSFA:

Thanks for your e-mail. We have completed our digital transmission facility. We are working out a few of the bugs and should be testing soon. Then we must get final approval from the FCC to begin broadcasting on a full time basis.

The reason we are behind WNCF is that we applied to the FCC to change our digital channel from 55 to 14. Long term it is better for us and better for our viewers to be on 14, but it took many months to get that application approved by the FCC.

Also we are building a full power facility. WNCF and WCOV both have low power facilities that do not cover the entire viewing area.

We are sorry for the delay, but it will be worth the wait.

Hoyt Andres

41 - 60 of 6940 Posts