AVS Forum banner

6921 - 6940 of 6940 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Get-TV...meh, maybe some of the old Johnny Cash shows would be good, but, for me, looking at the schedule it'll just be a channel that just eats up bandwidth of the primary channel.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've noticed other locals adding more sub channels lately. Some have up to 7 total. They do take up more bandwidth. Is this maybe a test run for ATSC 3.0? The stations could have lots of sub stations and not sacrifice picture quality. The sub stations are a good source of ad revenue for the main stations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got them fine way back when they started digitally on channel 14. When they moved to digital 12, they were gone. I know I shouldn't expect much with cheap rabbit ears. I honestly think most of my problem has to do with the high RF in my area (Dalraida) with the radio tower behind the mall. The above mentioned filter should help with that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
From what I can see it looks like WSFA moved back to VHF 12 in 2009. It has been eleven years since you received WSFA on your rabbit ears? WSFA is down in Ramer so it has a fair distance to make it to your location and lots of intereference, too. Like I said, it just seems a bit of a challenge for a pair of rabbit ears to bring it in. I'm envisioning the rabbit ears inside the house (most are) sitting in close proximity to the tv. Is it close to a window that faces Ramer? Any kind of "solar" reflective film in the windows? Metal siding? Etc.,. It might be interesting to connect a long piece of coax cable between the rabbit ears and the tv and carry it outside and "fish" for a signal. Just a small up/down or left/right movement can make a difference. It's also possible to receive via multi-path, coming in from a direction that isn't in the direction of Ramer. Just some thoughts....

·
Registered
22 Posts
My primary means of viewing has always been cable. I just stick an antenna on the other set just to see what I could get. I've been able to pick up Birmingham, Columbus, and WCIQ in Mt. Chehah (sp), but never WSFA. I'm sure if I buy a more potent antenna, and put the effort into placing it in a more strategic area of the house (attic), it would be much better. I don't know if this an unique market where the afilliates of the major networks are 30 to 40 miles away.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Something I'm curious about. I think all of the stations have a radar/weather channel...yet they broadcast nothing on those channels. I know that at one time they did have radar and weather advisements but I have seen any in a long time. Does anybody receive those?

·
Registered
646 Posts
More OTA news:

WIYC adding MyNetworkTV on channel 48.2. Right now it’s only in testing with the MyNetworkTV logo taking up the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
646 Posts
Something I'm curious about. I think all of the stations have a radar/weather channel...yet they broadcast nothing on those channels. I know that at one time they did have radar and weather advisements but I have seen any in a long time. Does anybody receive those?
I don’t see any radar channels anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
646 Posts
MyNetwork now live on 48.2 in HD

Reactions: Tom Servo

·
Registered
22 Posts
The man cave experiment continues. Ran my cheap rabbit ears up in the attic and now getting everything but WAKA. WNCF from the same tower comes in fine. Didn't feel like going up and down the ladder to adjust.

·
Registered
646 Posts
WBMM testing new channels on 22.3 and 22.4

Edit: Only color bars at this point.

Reactions: Tom Servo

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
:unsure::unsure:

6921 - 6940 of 6940 Posts