AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The new moome hdmi card should work. It also has an optional gamma adjustment on it. I believe moome tested the card with a Toshiba player and maybe a Blu-Ray player too.

If your Blu-Ray or HD DVD player outputs 1080p then you can go direct.

If someone has tested the moome card with a Blu-Ray or HD DVD player then perhaps they can chime in too.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I've got a client with a G90 and the original moome DVI card. It has a strange problem - on some scenes (dark, low APL) the colors change, whites go pink. Looks like a decoder bug. It's content dependent and repeatable. Tried two completely different sources.

Anyone seen this?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm /forum/post/0

I've got a client with a G90 and the original moome DVI card. It has a strange problem - on some scenes (dark, low APL) the colors change, whites go pink. Looks like a decoder bug. It's content dependent and repeatable. Tried two completely different sources.

Anyone seen this?

I've not seen anything like this with his Sony card, his Marquee card, or his external. I've only seen a black crush problem with the HD-A1, but that is a known problem in the HD-A1.

As an FYI, we did compare John's (Jean) Sony input card to moome's and John's was better.

Dave

·
Registered
955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm /forum/post/0

Look's like a Silicon Image IC converter embedded VDACs H/W failure. Your client need his board to be servicing by moome

Back on thread initial subject : I've ordered one moome IFB-HD card for Sony and will test it on my G90 linked to Toshiba XE1 HD-DVD player in 1080p (I'm still awaiting for the XE1 player delivery
)

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Person 99

Why would you take John's card without a second thought? What makes it so much better that you would not even think about Moomes's card? Have you compared both? I have Moome's first card and have hadf no problems with it or with dealing with Moome and I am about to buy his gamma card and I would like to know what is so much better about John's card, if you will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.