AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already own a mordaunt short alumni 5.1 system with a harmon/kardon avr 354 receiver. I also have a monster hdp 1800 power center. and a 50" plasma. I was looking at buying some more speakers to add to my system. I am looking at spending about 1200 us dollars. I was looking at the alumni 8 speakers. I was also considering buying another piece of equipment for my home theater setup but am having a hard time thinking of something. I need some help. I was also looking at the new avian 6s. But i dont know if they would blend together well with the other speakers though. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'm a fan of Mordaunt-Short as they make great speakers. The Avant, Aviano, and Alumni have a similar sound signature, but they do differ enough not to completely mix them. What you could do, is replace your front 3 (with Alumni, Avant, or Aviano) and use 4 out of the 5 Alumni as surrounds. It's mostly important to have the front 3 be timbre matched and less important for the surrounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was looking into getting the alumni 8 and add those the the front left and right channels. My budget is really solid at 1200 us dollars. I would love to buy the aviano 6s but I don't think that they would match the sound. Can you think of any other peice of home theater equipment that I could add possibly? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts