AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might have already read I have sold my plv60ht and it will be shipped out Monday. I have to order a new projector and my choices are narrowed to either the HS20 or the PLV70.

My screen is 159" and I just brought home a X1 from the office. Not enough light.

Here ae the facts:

PLV60HT 1200 Lumens x 700:1 Contrast LCD

HS20 1400 Lumens x 1200:1 contrast LCD

PLV70HT 2200 Lumens x 900:1 contrast LCD

I know manufactures seem to overstate specs, so is the Sony really as bright/brighter than my current plv-60ht? If yes that seems like the logical choice as it is $2000 cheaper than the PLV70 and if it is as bright as my 60, that is sufficient. If no then the only logical choice seems to be the 70.

Please don't respond telling me to wait for this or that great projector right aroun the corner

Thanks

Ryan

· Registered
1,652 Posts
If you are to believe Projector Central's claim that the HS20 provides anywhere from 300 to 700 usuable lumens then I think you would find that the PLV60 is approxiametely twice as bright as the HS20. The PLV60 is a very bright projector that sometimes exceeded it's published rating of 1200 lumens.

· Registered
325 Posts
I've got a HS-20, and I've got a 0.8gain (aprox) 133" diag. screen, I find that it's plenty bright enough for my screen. But depending on the gain you have, and the additional size, you might find the HS-20 lacking in brightness.

Regards,

Tore K.

· Registered
1,663 Posts
PLV60 is a serious light cannon and the 70 even moreso. 159" is awful big for a non high end pj no matter what you go with. I found the image of the PLV60 not so great but boy it was super bright.

-Trouble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.