AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I'm figuring on mounting my projector, and placing my A/V cabinet, and the run through the walls inbetween, gives around 35' (little extra for fudge factor). Is it OK to have a cable length this long? I posted some questions about cables recently, and someone said to minimize the distance you run a s-video cable, but the others (component, composite) didn't matter so much. Again, what do you think about the length I have?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think you can do long runs, you just need high quality cable. I have a 25 foot component from bluejeans cable.

I'm not a cable weenie, but I definitely noticed how bad my cheap 20 foot S-video cable looked, and was also able to notice something was 'wrong' (but not as bad), when I used a high quality 20' AV (red/white/yellow) as a component cable.

The bluejean 25' cable I just got looks fine to me. But so did the 8' s-vid which came with my X1. I didn't bother A/B-ing them, I'm just noting that I wasn't unhappy with the short s-video, except for it's length.

(Edit: Changed 'composite' to 'component')

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Good cabling does not mean expensive cabling. Try www.pccables.com for very reasonable pricing but quality cabling. I use their stuff exclusively with great results. They have a "no ghosting" guarantee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.