Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The confusion never ends here at Plasma Buying HQ! haha

Can someone take the time to list the reasons why a buyer would want a "commercial" plasma vs a "consumer" plasma TV? I'm not using this for signage but most of the good pricing deals seem to be for commercial models. (see the Plasma Extreme Offer)

I just want this for my home theater with the best possible picture to price in a 42/43" model (see my other post here too). I feel completely lost in this technology even though I am fairly tech savvy. I just can't afford to make a poor decision and then lose the wife acceptance factor that I've worked so hard to maintain! ;-)

·
Registered
7,201 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not positive about this, but I don't think you get a warranty on the industrial model if you use it in a residence.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've seen 2 references to an 'auto' mode on the 6UY that chooses the appropriate stretch mode for any input. Is this another difference from the 42PA20U? I haven't seen it mentioned before. Is the 'auto' mode the same as 'full' on the 42PA20U or is it smart enough to know when to use 'Just' and when to use 'Full'?

·
Registered
81 Posts
One nice thing about the consumer model is that it has lots of inputs and even an RF input for your basic cable.

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
AS far as I can tell in the Pani (mostly from what I found on this site)

Commercial:

More Control on image settings

BNC connectors and choice of blades (possible update)

FTC Class A (commercial) rating

First year of warranty must RTV (may return to independent)

Cheaper

Retail:

Built in HDCP DVI

RCA connectors

FTC Class B (home) rating

In-home first year warranty

Plasmas are huge RF emitters but I'm not sure if the commercial actually is any different from retail. Would need to get measurements of both. The warranty is the biggest issue to me but since I live near a return center, I can accept the risk for the first year before the in-home extended warranty kicks in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
right... spam - FTC

spectrum - FCC ;)

I thought I've seen several retails without speakers (option). This makes sense because the added cost and might be a minus for many who integrate sound systems with their plasmas.

Be great if a couple of people with access to a spectrum analyser could post results on a commercial and a retail model. Or maybe there is an easier way to compare rf emissions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.