AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

more cwazy flea-bay Marquees

858 views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Negative Design 
#1 ·
I'm sure you have seen the Marquee 9500LC "package deal" on flea-bay, 3 for $20000. :D. How does a seller with so much bad feed-back (especially on burnt or broken CRT PJs), charge as much as a new car for 3 old Marquees sitting on pallets from governmet installation with probabaly a million hours on them combined?:D

gotta love flea-bay, between the crooks and the strike-it-rich junk dealers I'm surprised anyone shops there at all. Always good for a laugh though:p

#3 ·
I think it's a she. I made her what i thought was a fair offer since I'm local and could save them the hassle of shipping. I got a pretty rude answer back, not very nice at all. I've seen this sellers name mentioned on the forum before, has anyone had direct dealing with them. If the PJs are still at the govnmt. warehouse I wonder where they might be, hmmmm any guesses?

#4 ·
These were up on a well known government surplus site last week and sold for $1500/a piece. The dead give away is the "event id" and lot numbers in the pictures. As the seller admits the projectors are in Colorado, and they, the seller are in FL so I am assuming they haven't inspected them. Given that, their markup seems awfully steep. Though I have had no dealings with this seller, they have come up several times on this site mostly as complaints. They do not appear to be projector experts and thus buyers are often disappointed when they receive their projectors. In at least one case they actually put up some projectors prior to the government surplus auction closing. You gotta to love it, sell the item before you have to buy the item and thus you know how much to pay for it.

secstate

P.S. I have attached an image straight from the government web site. Look familiar?

P.P.S. To answer your question, they are located at:

820 Specker Drive

Bldg 318

Fort Carson, CO 80913

#5 ·
They were $3400, $3350 and $3055 each, not counting other fees or taxes.

Had they been $1500 ea I'd have bought one but noooo they always go high.

I bet the reseller doesn't even have the $$ to pay for them or a single clue as to the condition they are in.

Troy

#7 ·
Some folks throw a tizzy if you mention the site here. You can search and find it in past posts or via google.

In reality the prices they go for is awful, additional costs are high, and most units are toast.

Troy

#12 ·
I bought some projectors from these surplus sites last year. I ended up getting 2 working out of the five that I bought in one lot. It's definitely not a sure thing that you will save any money. On a positive note, the burnt and broken units do end up supplying a lot of spare parts (and demand for replacements) for us "late adopters".

It would not have paid at all if I had had them shipped. My son and I drove 7 hours (one way) to get them. We used some pretty bad language when we saw the condition they were in, but ended up having a lot of fun swapping parts. I'd recommend it to someone only as a learning opportunity. It's much more rewarding (and a safer bet) to buy a functioning pj from one of the dealers in here. I'd only do this again if I was able to inspect the units first.

#13 ·
please everyones always trying to keep ppl from govliq.. to have it for them selves...

I dont buy it.Gov liq is GOOD EVERYONE GO!! lol

only reason i dont use it is i cant find any companies who pack an ship..and I'm still looking

I talked to the lady who ran that 20,000$ auction she wants 6,000$ for each unit...shes in FLA but wants me to pick it up in CO on a gov base...I know she won it at gov liq ,I asked the condition she says all items are removed from working installations but no guranteees...I just laughed at her...

#14 ·
Yeah, it's a lot of fun to swap parts around and get some good working units out of a pile of junk. I've done it many times with many different kinds of equipment.

I'm a pretty hardcore equipment scavenger, all-purpose tinkerer, and dedicated junk junkie, and that helps. I've probably had as much fun with stuff I've pulled out of the local electronic scrapyards as anything else I've ever bought for much more money.

Nokia, the cell phone company, has a service center near here. They used to send their scrap to the local electronic scrapyard.

I can't begin to imagine just how many good working cell phones I ended up rebuilding from their castoff parts, and many of them had ESN's that matched the data plates, which is no mean feat when you consider just how many covers I had to sort through!

CJ

#16 ·
wow you guys are great, got em bagged and tagged in less than 2 hours , LOL. I offered her 3K for all 3, no wonder she got so pissed off. Oh well, she'll be lucky to break even on those. Come to think of it she'll be lucky to get half her money back. Just the fact that this originated with the government is bad karma.:(

#17 ·
"Dear Crazy Lady;

Can you please tell me why you want to rip me off to the tune of almost 20,000 dollars for three projectors that you paid a total of 9,875 dollars (plus 10 percent buyer's premium and any applicable sales taxes) for in a government liquidation auction that ended just a few days ago, sale no. 960, items 6513, 6517, and 6518, and probably haven't even arranged to pick up yet?

What is it about you that makes these projectors jump in value by 10,124 dollars in three days and without even being checked out?

Are you special?

If I were to meet your offer, I'd be in need of special care as I'd clearly not be sane or mentally "all there". "

CJ

#21 ·
Sadly, her chances are probably better at reselling those PJ's than winning $10K in a lottery. She surely hasn't paid the govt yet, and if she doesn't resell in the next 30 days at more than she bid, she just pulls the "deadbeat bidder disappearing act" and deletes the hotmail auction account she used.

Wonder if they'll relist? (or re-enlist, get it?)

#22 ·
"please everyones always trying to keep ppl from govliq.. to have it for them selves..."

That may have been the case but not for me. I've never bought a single thing there still. I do watch it occasionally, but the prices and shipping and buyers premium always make me come to the same conclusion.. There are better deals even just on ebay if you know how to shop and the sellers to avoid.

I just didn't want to say the name myself out of respect for others.

Troy

#23 ·
well mr. Troy ..ever heard of PM!! PM me feel free to say :) lol

I wish there were local Gov auctions... :( If there ARE I dont know where they are.I've done the ebay thing ALOT I've gotten 3 CRTs on ebay all under650$ shipped (total!) lol but the ebay thing isnt easy and deals are rare :/ well the under 1k$ deals are rare at least.

ND-

#24 ·
Well I stand corrected on the price. I was relying on the Excel spreadsheet that I downloaded which was obviously not the final price. As for people getting good buys or not on gov liquidation, if you can find a site local to you there are some good buys (cuts shipping costs and allows you to look at the item). I have made several local purchases including a projector and have been happy. There are several things to keep in mind before spending anything on the site. One the government is famous for driving things into the ground. Two, when I was searching for a projector I saw projectors with intact CRTs but all boards missing, projectors with burnt tubes and even smashed tubes so don't buy anything you cannot inspect. Three, don't spend any money you cannot afford to loose. Four realize it is going to take time (it took me six months to find the type of projector I was looking for local). Five, the high end stuff tends to go high on Gov Liq. but the middle and low end stuff often goes cheap. Six don't forgot get the 10% buyers premium (added to your high bid) and taxes if you don't have a resale number. I my search I saw many decent projectors despite the reputation here. I ended up getting a barco 1208 that cost me a total of $1700 (after purchasing two VDC rebuilds). No, not the best price ever (I made a mistake in judging the wear) but ahead of many Ebay purchases (and I saved on shipping). If you go in with eyes wide open and realize there is no free lunch, you may do well....

#25 ·
this is the same person that bought the 1024HDs for 15000.00 plus after all fees and then has listed them one at a time at 3800.00 ea. claims to have sold 4 so far for 4000.00 ea, yet the only one i saw that sold on ebay went for 2275.00. you gotta figure that he's/she's trying to sell these on the side because nobody is going to pay 20k for 3 9500s even if they knew they worked, which is certainly not he case here... too much money and not enough sense is my take here...

#26 ·
I agree...common sense is the least common of all lol

and it apears this female is lacking in much more...or just a stupid scammer...her auction is still open..13 hours left...

on another note...if you guys were offerd a perfect condition ECP 3101 with ACON for 300$...would you take it? or too good to be true?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.