AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More than a month ago, First Blood, Glengarry Glen Ross, and Standing in the Shadows of Motown were announced for release today, April 22nd.

WSR still says the release date is April 22nd, but is not even taking pre-orders.

www.dvhsmovie.com says the release date is April 1st, but is not even taking pre-orders.

I found no other vendor that even has them listed.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
dneily,

You are just being greedy now! Expecting a title to be available for order on its release date?! I'm still waiting for The Terminator (supposed to be one of the original releases), Predator and Total Recall. Total Recall had a street date of February 15th, but there still is no sign.

I always knew that DTheater would be a niche product, but I hoped it would do better than it has.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The motown DVD has a WM9 1024x576p encoding on it. Given that a lot of the source material is 16mm or worse, a d-theater transfer may not buy you much quality over the WM9 encoding and it is certainly way, way cheaper. Of course you need a recent PC hooked up to your projector for playback, but around here who doesn't have one of those?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't!

-Pie

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is a ? I wish WSRGary would address. Why do these titles that are being announced keep vanishing on their release dates?? Has anyone found Die Hard yet?? Nobody online has it. Personally, I do not think we have much dtheater movie time left. This year has been really pathetic so far. First there have been few announcements, and those announced never seem to show up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.