AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More disappearing threads? What happened to the "Women watch HDTV too" thread? It wasn't the deepest subject ever broached on this forum, but it was an attempt by our female breathren (sistren?) to speak up and we were having a little fun there, other than one all too common snooty comment that everyone seemed to be successfully ignoring for the most part.

Was it deleted or something? If so, wouldn't it be better to just lock it (even after removing the offensive part and indicating that it was removed and locked), rather than just have it mysteriously disappear?

Or am I just totally stupid and its really here and I just don't see it?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh! I think that this was another instance of a problem previously mentioned. The thread in question was at the border between the first and second pages and got left out, I assume due to a 'one off' error in the BBS software? When I posted this message, this pushed it squarely onto the second page and it showed up.

Nevermind.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I think a lot more than one thread is lost between first and second page.

I haven't proved it but my impression is that there may be a dozen or more in hyperspace.

Later->

Let me add some data that supports my theory. Here are the times of the last few threads on the first page of the HT Computers forum followed by the first few threads of the second page.

12:30PM

12:22

12:19

12:19

12:18

12:08

12:01

------------------------

11:14

11:05

10:45

10:10

9:30AM

Looks like 4-8 or so are missing depending on the rate between 11 and 12.

I understand this bug has been reported to the vBulletin folks but I wonder if anyone has a work-around?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep its still there. It was the infamous 'page boundary' error that was making it not show up until my new post forced it visible again on the second page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.