Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The short version:

I was interested in finding a projector and diving into HT. Through some research I found this Forum and learned everything that I could. Since I work in the film industry I put the word out that I was looking to buy a projector to some people I work with. One guy, who works at a rental house, says, "You should come and look at this old Barco we've got. It's too huge for us to ever rent, so it's just been sitting since we bought it. If you can use it, take it, and if we ever need it, we'll get it back." So I think that it's maybe usable, but I have to check it out, right? I get over there and it's a 5100 LC and it's beautiful. I take it. I can't find any information on the net. I can't find any information in this forum. All I know is that it looks like I couldn't even afford the lens. I have no manual. I've got to try it. I plug it up and fire it. The image is gorgeous. I spend the weekend building a screen and rearranging my living room to accomidate. The blue panel is out of adjustment, and I find an adjustment screw missing. I fix it. I have my girlfriend over and we watch a movie in a trance. The only thing that's strange is that the brightness seems to breathe a bit. Hmmm , I'll have to check that out. I put it and myslef to bed and go to work the next day, counting the minutes to get home and play. I get home and power it up. This is where it gets bad. The standby light flashes and beeps five (I think) times accompanied by a faint, fiant popping noise (maybe five times too). I'm thinking somethings wrong, or maybe I just haven't listened that closely to the start up. Well, it's dead. Nothing. No lights. No keypad. Only sign of life at all is a quiet humming that sounds like the transformer. I don't know what to do. I'm just hoping that someone has some experience with these machines and can point me in the right direction. I feel like an idiot for taking respoonsibility for something so valuable that I knew nothing about. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rich

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Try posting this in the CRT forum. There are some guys over there who know CRT projectors like the back of their hands.

At the very least, they should be able to give you some idea as to what went wrong and how much it might cost to get it fixed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man this projector is expensive to fix or even hard to fix.I used to have the LC8100.That LCD proj gave me nothing but problems.This projectors are good for only in Conference or a night club that nobody cares about the fan noise and picture.Goodluck and hope you find the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.