Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just in case any of you are tempted by the lens being offered on Ebay, I have some more info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1031480580

I emailed the company that produced the lens and got the following reply from the owner/optical designer:

Quote:
I designed and fabricated 4 of those lenses for Disney in early 70s. They were for an electronic projection system called an Eidophor. The lens consists of spherical lenses in the rear equal to a 7 inch focal length. In the front is an anamorphic assembly consisting of a singlet, a cemented doublet, and then a singlet, all being cylinders to expand the image by 1.654 I cannot recall the format for the Eidphor but it was probably amout 70 mm horizontal. The projection distance probably was 50 feet. Good luck, Milton Laikin
It looks like the throw distance is just too great. I think the aperture is fine, and the quality excellent, but I doubt any of us are projecting from 50'.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.