AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some requests from people to post a few more pictures. My original thread using the LT150 and Dalite Insta-theater combination is here .

Here is a picture before the screen is raised.
Picture after screen is raised. This is the 80" diagonal model.
This is a picture of the back of the screen, showing the hydraulic scissor mechanism that supports it.
This view shows how the screen bows in slightly at the edges. You're looking at the bottom left corner.

Snapshots from HD Demo station on DirectTV: 1 2

Snapshots from Run Lola Run using Geforce2MX based HTPC: 1 2

Snapshots from Akira: 1 2

Snapshots from Starship Troopers: 1 2 3 4

A gamma adjusted shot from Starship Troopers to show the halo effect is shown here .

To tell you the truth, the pictures don't do justice to this projector. Both color and contrast are not as good as what you see in person. In addition, several people have mentioned that the wide power is not a very good screen material for watching movies. I'm curious as to how good things would look on a better screen. I apologize if the pictures are small. I may take some more pictures when my Radeon comes in so if you have suggestions, let me know.

[This message has been edited by pham (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pham,

Great pictures. As Grant said, the naysayers will have more evidence to ponder. I also thought about getting the InstaTheater but decided to go with the HighPower instead. Hopefully it will be the right screen for me. It shipped yesterday so now I will have to figure out how to mount this thing. By the way, I ordered mine from Jason at AVScience. What a great guy to deal with.

Grant,

Thanks again for pointing us to the LT150. I am loving every minute of viewing, despite the off-white wall I am projecting against and the laptop that it is hooked up to.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Pham,

Do you have a CompactFlash card???

I would love to see a screen capture of HDTV. It is really easy to do if you have a compact flash card.

There is a setting that controls the quality of the screenshot. The default is mid-quality(or something like that). Just change that to high quality and go to the tools section in the menu. The capture choice is in there, but I do not remember exactly what it was. When I get a second or two with the PJ I'll try to edit this with a concise (and correct) menu navigation.

I'm not trying to be pushy, I just can't help it. It will be at least a couple of weeks before my HDTV HTPC is up and running. I would really like to see what a still would look like. I know it will be proabably be different with my video card, but I would still like to take a look.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I'm JEALOUS!

I have a Draper Cinefold system coming to me since I needed a way to make a small package for airline use and a bigger screen but that thing is really SLICK!

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

[This message has been edited by videohot (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I do believe some of the other screen materials would probably be even better with the LT150. I'm happy with I'm getting, but this gives me something to look forward to.

Grant, it was not easy taking the pictures, and I think they could be better. One thing that helps is to use a tripod. That gives you the opportunity to play around with lower shutter speeds.

Shodoug, those HDTV snapshots I took were taken from the slideshow mode using captures I had made (high quality). I want to try to get some better captures from the Eco-challenge sequences. I can try to make them available this weekend.

[This message has been edited by pham (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
733 Posts
Pham,

Judging from the pictures you took the widepower seems to work well with the LT150 - great shots!

I like to see for myself! I was told presentation projectors didn't work well for HT. Really? I was told that the Hipower won't work. Really? I was told that a HTPC (dedicated one) was a pain to operate so stick to a DVD player. Really?

Like you I find being there is better, however, your pictures are really good and will cause some naysayers (screen and projector) to at least pause when they see them.

One thing I have learned is that there are no absolutes in life.

How come everybody else can take better pictures than me?

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.