AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday night I was in a Target store in Connecticut.

They were selling Men In Black II for $14.99.

But after reading the posted signs, only the Full Frame version was $14.99, the Widescreen was $22!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
amazon.com is selling their widescreens for less than foolscreens, and DVD empire are selling theirs at the same price. Man they must have seen you coming and 'painted a target'(U.S. Air Force for locking a target) on you.:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Foolscreen should cost more than widescreen. It's cheaper to produce widescreen than it does to produce foolscreen. They gotta pay this one bum to sit at the pan and scan machine and reformat that movie to 4x3 so the Joe 6 Packs will be happy.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Should, is right, but since more people have 4X3 sets, they will make more money by producing 4X3 DVD's offsetting fairly minor P&S production costs. So, companies will probably charge more for anamorphic transfers, until many more people are upgraded to widescreen TV's. What is really needed is a technique for taking 4X3 and filling 16 X 9 sets without distorting the picture, then the 4X3 owners would "get" widescreen.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Butler
What is really needed is a technique for taking 4X3 and filling 16 X 9 sets without distorting the picture, then the 4X3 owners would "get" widescreen.
Wouldn't that be a little like finding a way to take half a cup of water and making it fit perfectly in a one-cup container?? When you pull that off, be sure to patent it :)

Fred

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You're right Fred, but as processing gets ever more sophisticated I bet that there is a way to more accurately fill the screen. Just for the record, I have had a widescreen TV from Day 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.