AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the channel master amp and my wtae dt feed varries from 70 - 40.

ususally its stuck at 50. seems i need a little more power....

my other 4 channels are at 90 plus.

is there a stronger amp or can i chain two amps. or am i at the whim of the wind and the rain and what ever else causes the 51.1 signal to drop out

thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Try looking at www.starkelectronic.com for amplifiers. They have a pretty big selection.

I think you could connect two antennas together and aim them at the same direction. To do that requires some type of combiner device. You have to align the antennas very accurately so few people want to be bothered.

You could try moving your antenna to another location or raising it higher with a big tower.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
You can't amplify what isn't there. A commen mis-conception with antenna amplifiers is that they can boost very weak signals. Well they do but the noise is amplified as well. If the S/N ratio is too poor for your receiver, additinal amplification will not make it any better. In fact it could make it worse as the noise will overload your receiver's front end.

The suggestion to stack and combine two antennas is an excellent idea. This adds more signal but not the noise. Moving or raising the antenna is also "free gain".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.