Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy--

My select button on my Panasonic ShowStopper now requires me to pretty much step on it in order for it to work.

I read in the FAQ different options, but for me, I may just buy one for $30 on eBAy, which seems harsh.

I have another question--I know in the FAQ, it mentions something about the one for all remotes and the JP1 and what not.

I was wondering if anyone has tried buying a more recent OFA remote and tried entering what you think the Replay TV code is and seeing if it works?

My cable provider uses almost the same remote, it's a shame I can't just enter a code for the AUX button and use the replay.

Any other thoughts, or should I just buy a new replay remote?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You can fix the SELECT button by opening up the remote and cleaning the circuit board and by applying a new conductive coating to the bottom of the button itself (see the instructions in the manual for the Replay remote on my site)

But, if you decide to get a new remote anyway, can I have your old one, I need a spare myself.

As for newer UEIC remotes, the only ones that have the ReplayTV codes are the RCA RCU810, the "Video Director" remotes (ie, URC-4081, URC-4881) and the new line of Radio Shack remotes (ie, 15-2104, etc).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Clarke
Are the replay remotes and the showstopper remotes interchangable?
Yes. Aside from labling, they are not only interchangable, they are identical.

Joe

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Are the replay remotes and the showstopper remotes interchangable?
Yup, completely. They are absolutely identical inside, although on the outside the logo is of course different and some of the keys have different labels.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Damn, DrJoe, how is it that you always beat me? :eek:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Just FYI, the Panasonic remotes and the Replay remotes do send different signals, but the units themselves are programmed to respond to both signals.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Howdy--

My select button on my Panasonic ShowStopper now requires me to pretty much step on it in order for it to work.
Same here! Very, very frustrating, especially considering the whole machine is pretty much hobbled without that button. This is my second Replay remote, too.

I just got the Radio Shack 15-2103 universal remote, which is on sale for $19.99. It's got a code for ReplayTV, but it doesn't include the instant replay, quick skip, return to live, and several other buttons. It's got a learning function, though, so it only took a few minutes to program those in from the old remote. It can also be programmed to control both a ReplayTV and a VCR, in addition to the TV and DVD, so that's a nice change. And it's got backlighting. So I think I'm just going to stick with this one. I might even get a backup, while they're on sale.

By the way, I found out about it on this forum. So thanks, guys!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
Just FYI, the Panasonic remotes and the Replay remotes do send different signals, but the units themselves are programmed to respond to both signals.
True, but the electronics are identical inside and the only difference is the programming (or so I think I heard from a reliable source -- Robman himself).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by asinshesq
Damn, DrJoe, how is it that you always beat me? :eek:
I wait until I see you log in, then post the response.

*grin*

Joe

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by asinshesq
True, but the electronics are identical inside and the only difference is the programming (or so I think I heard from a reliable source -- Robman himself).
Absolutely, and you get your info from a good source! :)

I was just throwing some extra info out there as I think that there are people who believe that the two remotes send out the same signal, which is not the case, though of course, in this case, it hardly matters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.