AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this isn't old news, but they seem to have more 5500 in stock at replaytv.com They have 40, 80, 160, 320 in stock. I remember these being out of stock for the last few months. I was surprised to see more.

The 40% code and service rebates are still available. I just ordered a 5504 for $89 - $50 service rebate. Total of $39 if the rebate works.

The killer deal *appears* to be the refurb 5508, which the web page is accepting the 40% coupon for, + 100 rebate for a total of $32. However, I called and the guy said that the rebate was only $20 on that one if you use the coupon. I don't need the space, and didn't feel like arguing, even though I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the deal if I tried, as there is nothing to say it is invalid, other than my knowlege of how replay seems to screw this type of stuff up all the time.

Anyhow, sorry if this is old news.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I picked up a 5504 to replace a month-to-month activated 5504 that was struck dumb by lightning. Figured $89.99 before rebate/$39.99 after rebate was most likely better that $79.99+one way shipping out-of-warranty repair :)

Now, I did sent in my Lifetime units for repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.