AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my buzzing 58B560 replaced with a 58B650, which was very nice of Samsung. New unit buzzes too, but I was going to try and deal with it. Now when using HDMI port two everything on the screen has for lack of a better description a staticy outline, kind of a snow around everything. No problem on HDMI one or three. Just took pictures and it's flickering back and forth as you can see in the pictures.

I don't think I want to deal with having a repair tech come out over and over again to diagnose the problem then again to fix it. I think they were out four times for the buzz on first one.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If only one port is affected then simple Main board change will fix it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'd send these pictures to Samsung. Clearly something is wrong, assuming you have verified that the cable is ok.

I can see you wanting to put an end to dealing with broken products. Might be time to ask for a refund and try another brand - maybe one that does some qc before the product goes to the customer.

Even if they swap out the guts of the set, you'll still likely have a buzzer.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
The choice is up to you, but if I were sick and tired of dealing with problems with the TV and 2 of the 3 HDMI ports worked fine, I might just live with it. On all of my TVs, I only use 1 of the HDMI ports. I do the switching in my audio receiver.

·
Registered
15,956 Posts
IMO, return it and get a Panasonic. 4 service calls, 2 buzzing displays, and a broken HDMI port is more than you should have to deal with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts