Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know, if this is new. I found it on the thebigpicturedvd-forum:

While on a trip to Reno, a salesman from Wild West gave me a copy of a sheet from Sharp that compares the Sharp XV-Z9000U, Yamaha DPX-1 and Seleco HT-250/HT200. On paper at least, the Sharp seems to have the upper hand, thus Sharp's interest in such a comparision. Here is a list of some features from the Sharp XV-Z9000U.

MSRP: $10,995.00

1280x720 (16:9)

Pixels per panel: 921,600

0.8" DMD

6 segment color wheel, 150 rps (5X)

Lamp Type: NSH (USH10)

Contrast (TBA)

Brightness (TBA)

Lens Type: X1.35 Manual Zoom/Focus

Lens Shift: Optical 10.0 - 0.10

HDTV: 1080i/720P/480P/480i

Frequency Horizontal: 15 to 91 kHz

Frequency Vertical: 50 to 85 Hz

RGB Input: D Sub 15 pin

Component Input

S-Video Input

Composite Input

12V Trigger

RS-232C

I/P Convert: CVIC

3D Y/C

Electronic Keystone Adjustment

Reverse/Invert Image

Should a 5X 6segmented colorwheel not virtually ELIMINATE the rainbow effect??? Is there any other DLP out with a 5X speed wheel?

Best

visar

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
yes..I could not see rainbows...and I am sensitive to it. The 8 others in the room could not see them either (Gladiator was showing) THe real test is of course many units in the hands of very sensative viewers...which we will not have until the fall..

REgards,

JOHN

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Why would Sharp compare their 9000 to lower resolution projectors from Yamaha and Seleco? Wouldn't it make more sense to offer comparisons once these other manufactures have introduced their creations based on the same HD1 chip? Perhaps Sharp's marketing department is taking advantage of their narrow window of exclusivity.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Pete, I'll take stab at that one..

There have been no other manufacturers to formally announce HD1 projectors and include any specs for Sharp to compare themselves against.

Sharp decided to make comparisons, so they had to use projectors for which specs are available, rather than try to guess what other companies would ship HD1 projectors, then guess at their specs.

-- Cain

·
Registered
38 Posts
Visar:

Where are the contrast ratio and lumens specs? How can Sharp compare their projector to these others without revealing them? Has anyone seen this projector in action? Or side-by-side compared it to these others?

Dr D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.