AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Sony Bravia DAV-HDX576WF. When watching DVDs or HDTV with 5.1 audio, the rear speakers are working, but you have to stand right next to them to hear them. I can't figure out any way to make them play louder. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Did you calibrate the system with an SPL meter?

There should be a way to increase the volume of just those speakers on the receiver. Although you should use a meter to make sure they match the fronts/center.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dad has a similar if not the same system and I found the same problem. If you go in to the sound setup you can turn those up as high as you want. I cant remember where it is exactly but you can turn them up manually.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Keep in mind however, most of the sound of your system is going to be coming from your center channel speaker during movies. With your L and R channels helping to fill the sound stage.

The surrounds are only supposed to work when there are surround type effects of course. I'm not sure what movie you were playing, but try a few different films and see if it is just the particular film you were watching that didn't really "work-out" the surround channels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts