AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears ( I confirmed with Brenda) that they are selling only NEW tubes for the Marquee 8" sets. So $595.00 gets you a NEW tube. THey don't even deal with rebuilds for the MArquee 8" any more.

That's good.

The bad is, it's $100.00 more now, so $595.00 USD.

I caught it on my bill which is why I called her, but they didn't inform me that the prices were going up..:(

So just beware of that..:)

Curt

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Do they buy them or are they already making them by themselves?

Roland

P.S.:

You got PM

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
yes I bought a brand new green 2 weeks ago (beautiful) but they're still collecting the refundable $100. core charge? If they're not rebuilding then what's the old tube for?

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the $100.00 core was on top of that. NO idea why they need them, but you can never have too much tube, right?

:)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Maybe they want to put the tubes out of the maket as they fear someone else could start rebuilding them for $200 :)

Roland

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
CJ,

did you buy the old PTAX equipment?

Roland

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBro
CJ,

did you buy the old PTAX equipment?

Roland
I am assuming that is a joke.:) Didn't that stuff go for around a million dollars?

Is this price for all 8 inch tubes?

Ericglo

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBro
Maybe they want to put the tubes out of the maket as they fear someone else could start rebuilding them for $200 :)

Roland
there's no way you can rebuild them for $200. and it was amazing that they could even do it for $500. IT's like building a new house, $100. per square foot, to remodel an old one double that. Old crap is just labor intensive, You need to start from scratch unless the phosphor is in good shape then maybe a good company can replace just the gun, more to come on that topic later. ;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm
more to come on that topic later. ;)
YOU bought the PATX stuff? :)

Roland

·
Registered
13 Posts
Send a tube to China for a quote, probably cost you $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm
there's no way you can rebuild them for $200. and it was amazing that they could even do it for $500. IT's like building a new house, $100. per square foot, to remodel an old one double that. Old crap is just labor intensive, You need to start from scratch unless the phosphor is in good shape then maybe a good company can replace just the gun, more to come on that topic later. ;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
They can only rebuild red tubes. First because they are communists, second that is the blood they press out of their employees, that makes the phosphor colour.

Roland

·
Registered
852 Posts
Id be more than happy to shell out $595 on a brand new green crt for my xg :)

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
What about the 9 inch Marquee tubes?

Chip

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah,

we want them new for $595 :)

Roland

·
Registered
231 Posts
So, do these "new" tubes require burn in?????

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
I think the $100.00 core was on top of that. NO idea why they need them, but you can never have too much tube, right?

:)
yeah well I sent charlie a nice toasty green, had a logo that read
70 years of Improving Natures Groundwater burned into it. Mayeb Panasonic is re-using the bell's, who knows. No I didn't buy the PATX stuff, I can think of other stupid ways to spend a million dollars, like a car and bitches. :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Curt,

who makes them, VDC or Panasonic?

Wonder if Pana has sold their business to VDC...

Roland

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.