AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this but couldn't find a thread. Just wondering if I was the only one getting this. I've been playing this in arcade and since Sega Genesis "blood code A B A C A B B" if my memory is good. Yes the computer will defeat me a lot but I can hope for fatalities galore or at least a "glorious death". I just bought the regular game and I am having to get a 2nd controller for the wife so I may splurge and get the online pass as well but not too sure about the expansion stuff as well. Just saw an article this morning where they said it will have a 1.8GB download patch day 1. anyway hope to see some of you on line. My PSN id is EJMthree if you need someone to beat up on.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
SOOO pumped for this. I meant to start a thread about it the other day. Fighting games are my #1 favorite. I am also so happy that they have enabled PS3 fight sticks for use on PS4. I have two Hori fight sticks from my PS3 that I use for my fighting games.

Here's the official trailer:

Also, Jason and Predator are confirmed as playable characters (with the Kombat Pack).

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
For those that have Mortal Kombat X pre-downloaded it is released and playable. I was playing at 9:45 PM pacific time so I am thinking it was unlocked at 9:00 PM. Was busy watching Episode 12 of DareDevil so I forgot to check earlier. I did make it to Chapter 2 before I quit playing. Loving how it feels so far!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Already bought and paid for. Will pick it up today at lunch.

More for my son than myself, although I love the Fatalities. Fully of LoLz

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wasn't planning on getting this but the reviews are starting to make me cave. Haven't really played fighting games in years but used to hang out in the aracdes in the 90's and loved MKII & 3. Might be a fun pick up for nostalgia and for the new 1080/60fps.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
It took a little longer then I thought since in the Story Mode it hasn't asked for a Finish him yet, but I finally got my first Fatality in just a single match mode.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I managed 2 fatalities last night one was with reptile. No idea how because all I was doing was button mashing but thats how I always play these things. I really need to develop enough patience to go through the training.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I managed 2 fatalities last night one was with reptile. No idea how because all I was doing was button mashing but thats how I always play these things. I really need to develop enough patience to go through the training.
Be careful on the button mashing. If you have any Easy fatality tokens and you are holding the block button down and trying to do a Fatality it my trigger one. I had 4 those tokens and realized I had used 3 of them since I was using the block buttong when performing the direction movements and apparently 3 of them required the same button as the easy fatality mode which is RT and (either A, B, X, Y).

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Here is one I got of Skorpion

Reactions: BDUB619

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep going to have to do the training mode as much as I hate to. I went 1 for 4 last night online.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Some might call it cheating but I just call it getting old. I leave the fatality button sequence on the screen so I can easily do it without using up any tokens.

For those of you that don't know if you go to the moves list you can select which moves stay on the top of the screen. I also use this for certain moves till I remember them and then I'll swap it out for another move to learn.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Jason Voorhees has been released on the game (at least on the Xbox One but assuming for all versions) if you have the Kombat pack. I was bummed that the other 3 characters are not released yet, but it's cool seeing him. I love his Intro!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Jason looks awesome. I've had fun messing around with this game, but I don't have the reflexes or skills to be competitive online. My son is like 140-40 or something like that. I stopped playing fighting games against him a long time ago.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Jason looks awesome. I've had fun messing around with this game, but I don't have the reflexes or skills to be competitive online. My son is like 140-40 or something like that. I stopped playing fighting games against him a long time ago.
I own my son on fighting games right now. He will beat me on FPS though. I pissed him off good last night. I was using Jason and he managed to beat me (or so he thought) and was all happy, but then resurrection came on and I came back and had that tiny sliver of life while he had a whole quarter of health. I managed to beat him the whole way down. For added insult I pulled off the Fatality as well:D Boy was he mad!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts