Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using:

IF 7205, Denon 3910 DVD, HDTiVo, SDTiVo. Would picture quality improve with either/both the Mosqutio and/or Dragonfly?

Thanx,

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don’t have the Mosquito, but from the reviews of the unit here I gather you will see an improvement. It is designed to implement extensive noise reduction and macro-block artifact reduction.

The Dragonfly has not been released yet, but in theory you should see an improvement, depending on the display you have.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've got a Runco 710 to a 103" Silverstar. I was using a SDI modded Panasonic XP30 through an DVDO HD+ and the PQ was much better using component through a Mosquito than SDI. It's a piece of equipment that really works. I also have an HDTivo and it works to a lesser extent on HD material, but that is because there is less to clean up. I typically didn't use the Mosquito with the Tivo because the DVDO doesn't process an analog HD signal. The Mosquito helped with SD Tivo, but DirecTV SD on a 103" screen is still a crappy picture. The Mosquito works, it just doesn't do miracles.

Edited to remove overly harsh opinion of the Mosquito and HD+ with SDTivo.

I re-hooked up my HR10-250 to Mosquito to DVDO HD+. With a 480i input SD actually looks pretty good. They don''t do miracles, but they can do wonders.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Dragonfly has noise reduction, just not as powerful as Mosquito.

BTW, Jason Turk has a killer prebuy deal for AVS members on the combo.

Dan

·
Registered
854 Posts
I own a Mosquito and have no regrets. I can't image not having it after the improvement in picture quality it makes. Makes the picture smoother and crt looking. Thanks Greg

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my original question still stands -

With an IF7205, HDTiVo, Denon 3910 DVD will I notice any difference in pix quality. Or is the Dragonfly/Mosquito best used for SD? Or is the Mosquito/Dragonfly best used to improve the pix quality of a lesser quality PJ?

Thanx,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.