AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've seen similar before, if not some of these in particular.

My personal opinion is that a plasma on any sort of furniture doesn't look as good as a plasma floating on a wall.

But this stuff does look nice. I'm sure it looks less nice with a visible price tag attached, though. :)

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I can see I need to add a qualificaction here before I get 5 more people saying they think it loks better to hang a plasma :). We hang 99% of the plasmas we install. And hide the equipment.

Nevertheless, sometimes it's not practical or possible (or desired) to hang a plasma and there have been quite a few threads about plasma furniture here and I thought this might be of interest to some of you. And I wondered what you guys thought of this.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Unfortunately, not to many options for a center channel.........(of unlimited size).....

And sometimes they need to fold up and store all the shelves and legs inside.......

Rocket Road Rack:

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Brucer
Unfortunately, not to many options for a center channel.........(of unlimited size).....
Good point. If you go to their web site about half of their stands have space for center channels.
Quote:
And sometimes they need to fold up and store all the shelves and legs inside.......

Rocket Road Rack:
Who manufactures that?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Me!

Custom built for a traveling 'Road Show'.

BTW, I count 5 of 15 with center channel shelf, but looks limited in height and width (approx. 8" x 19"). Center pictured above is 25"w x 12"h.

·
Registered
167 Posts
if you've got a samsung, then the FS420 pneumatic floor stand is great. (I imagine this might also work with the Akai?)

Get yourself this, a minimal center speaker stand, and chuck all your equipment in a side room or behind doors, & use a Xantech repeater or similar and you'll be happy. I really don't see point of getting plasma and mounting all your equipment visible, taking up almost as much space as before _if_ you have option of getting a minimal floor stand that doesn't require any house alterations (like the FS420), and if you have some space where you can chuck all the boxes.

I'll post some piccies if I can grab a chance to take some and folks can see what they reckon to setup.

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...d=FS420X%2fXAA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.