AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know who here has had or has the most hours on a JVC lamp before dimming/blowing to be unwatchable on 2D.

Curious from last years models and prior.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
RS10 and 1800 hours. Still plenty bright on my 133" highpower screen.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a bit over 1200 hours on my RS10. Still watchable on 92" 1.0 gain screen, but dim to a point that replacement would make a world of difference.

·
Registered
499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001  /t/1431030/most-hours-on-jvc-lamp#post_22433128

Hehe should have been more specific on my end I have a JVC X3

I have the X3 too, 2 months in and only 28Hrs on the bulb

I have 2 003 bulbs new in the box waitng so I may not know anything for quite sometime. Hopefully I can get 1000+ hrs out of the 003 bulbs.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
OK - I know I have an antique PJ, an RS-1

I have not yet blown any bulbs. My spare has 1600 hours, and the current one has just hit 2K hours.

I view in a bat cave -so still have plenty of light; to run for a record

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
My original RS1x lamp has over 2000 hours on it and still bright enough to watch but is dim compared to new.

I just sent my 2nd lamp which had over 1500 hrs on it to a fellow AVSer to test his pj with that was still good but a tad dim as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had 1100 hrs on the PJ and the bulb cracked. During the bulb change, I found some buildup of film on the reflective surface that was opposite the bulb. I gave the interior a good cleaning.

With the new bulb it's now bright like new.

·
Registered
701 Posts
RS10 original lamp, short throw, 100" screen I made it to just over 4200 hours! on the lamp before blowing. lol

No I'm not trolling 4200 hours!!! Serious

Ya...the picture was pretty dim after going over 3K but then the curiosity of how long can this thing last takes over. lol

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip3kx07  /t/1431030/most-hours-on-jvc-lamp#post_22437894

RS10 original lamp, short throw, 100" screen I made it to just over 4200 hours! on the lamp before blowing. lol

No I'm not trolling 4200 hours!!! Serious

Ya...the picture was pretty dim after going over 3K but then the curiosity of how long can this thing last takes over. lol

Nice...What kind of material is your screen?? HP?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I replaced my first RS20 bulb at around 3000 hours as I recall. It still wasn't unwatchably dim by any means (heck I was still using it in normal mode and not high, iris fully-open but still rather impressive IMO) but I decided to heed the PJ's advice to replace the bulb before the extended bulb warranty I'd bought expired (which since has but even getting just a single new bulb with it means it more than paid for itself
). I'm up to around 1300 hours on bulb 2 and it's holding out just great at well to this point. Obviously for me to put this kind of usage on my PJ it gets a lot more use than just the occasional movie and indeed it's my primary display for all use - TV, gaming, etc.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
So from what I can tell so far the older RS models do well with bulb life vs. the newer RS model are pathetic?

I have 325 hours on my RS45 and it's plenty bright! I even watch 3D on Normal lamp...to afraid to try HIGH for fear of failure.

Not encouraging reading all this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts