AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to buy new speakers for my home theater and was wondering what was the most important aspect of a speaker what with the advent of the new HD soundtracks. I want to make sure that my new system will be able to handle the highs and lows of blu-ray movies (my theater is exclusively for movie watching so CD sound or others I'm not worried about). I've had NHT's VT-1 system for over 15 years and it has worked fine and sounds great with the majority of films but with the advent of blu-ray, I hear some crackling from time to time from my center speaker at spots with heavy LFE. (a note: I actually damaged the center speaker and had to take it in for repair a few years ago after I tried playing a DTS demo dvd and had the volume too high). I am using the Outlaw 950 pre/pro with a 200x3 Acurus amp for my fronts and a 100x2 for my rears. I have no real knowledge about speakers other than what sounds good to my ears in my theater so wanted to ask the experts for some advice. thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.