AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Receiver (5.1 for home theater) that can hold its own (sounding most warm and musical) for two-channel stereo. will be driving BW 804 fronts, and would love outs for second room (not necessarily multi-zone...7.1 would be fine/great)

I've looked at several, but hard to gauge in a small room at the store.

Additionally, it cant be more than 9" tall to fit in the current flat panel stand...

any thoughts? I enjoyed the 7.1 Rotel - are there others?

thanks -

rw

·
Registered
Onkyo TX-NR5009, AppleTV 4K, Sony KDL-55W900A, M&K s-125 lcr, M&K SS-150 surround, SVS 16-46pci sub
788 Posts
The most musical I have heard are the Nad, can't remember the model, a Marantz SR-7600 I think it was, and all of the Harman Kardons I have had, which include the AVR-7200 and the AVR-7300.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblHelix /forum/post/0

The most musical I have heard are the Nad, can't remember the model, a Marantz SR-7600 I think it was, and all of the Harman Kardons I have had, which include the AVR-7200 and the AVR-7300.

I second the HK AVR7200 and AVR7300 which I currently have.

·
Registered
206 Posts
don't dig it,

Pioneer Elite 82 or 84

nice power inside, bi-amp or 2nd zone capability

Powerful, clean and very versatile. Blow out many nad hands down !

NIce automatic Equaliser if you want to tune up your BW in your room.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Most of you guys wouldn't be able to hear the difference between two receivers on the same price range during a blind test.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I'll bet I could tell a difference blind between my old Denon and my new Marantz playing 2 channel redbook CD music I am familure with. Of course having experience with both bieces now, I also kno wexactly what to listen for.

The Marantz being the more musical.

My vote is Marantz in the lower cost arena.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.