AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AVS Forum is a great resource but the receiver discussions seem to be quite minimal here. Is there a more popular site where in-depth receiver discussions can be found?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
How much more in-depth do you want to go? I've found incredible amounts of info on various receivers here. There are a couple multi-hundred post threads discussing receivers...

Sorny

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
If you are disappointed with the response to your "New DA7ES" post, perhaps you can try to narrow your ambitious question down to one or two specific issues.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Folks, there was no need to get bent out of shape over my question.

This site is well known for being more of a video forum than an audio forum. Generally there are sites out there that specialize in areas that do it more in-depth. For example, you can find discussions about headphones here but you'll find a TON more on several headphone-specific sites.

I was just thinking there MIGHT be a receiver-specific web board out there. For a while I was on a Sony mailing list where all we discussed was the Sony DB-930. It was quite informative, topical and had high participation for a period. It was that sort of direct, targeted site I was hoping to find.

Again, for example, many places discuss Tivo but the Tivo-only Community has the most discussion. Remotes are discussed here but Remote Central is considered a better source for most. I'd like in-depth discussion on Sony's DA7ES or at least the latest ES line. I figured there is likely a place where other ES owners congregate in higher numbers than they do here.

That is in NO way a knock against AVS. If any of you took it that way, well then you're mistaken. The link to http://www.agoraquest.com was a good start though I could have done without the insult that came with it.

Good thing I didn't mention my desire for more in-depth discussion of places to find good pizza.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.