AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to build a small special purpose PC to run a soundboard type application, web surfing and perhaps use media center to play DVD, video, music etc... This is going into an existing system and will run through an RF modulator (composite + R&L audio in) in SD resolution. I realize this is less than ideal but we are replacing a system that was setup this way.

Are there any integrated MBs that have an composite video out? On an Svideo/HDTV out that comes with a dongle to convert to composite? I would love to use an E350 for this build, it would be low power and quiet.

If such a MB does not exist - I am leaning toward this card as there do not seem to be many options. If anyone has an a better card option, please let me know. I have no choice but to use composite video however.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139041

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
5 or 6 years ago integrated video with composite/s-video output was reasonably commonplace, and it was also pretty common on video cards.

I haven't seen it on motherboards for a while now - some of the older EPIA VIA Mini-ITX boards may have had it - but they are very under powered compared to current models (though you may still find them knocking around)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDorhyke
I don't believe there are any integrated graphic solutions. There are cheaper card otions. Almost any crappy card will put a picture on an older tube TV.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139174

Peter
wow - thanks Peter. I did not see that on when looking at newegg. I will give it a go. Thanks.

thanks to all who replied - I did not think they existed anymore, I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
There are still lots of discrete graphics cards that support component + S- + composite video. Here . S-video-like connector (7-pin mini-DIN, common to all recent ATI/NVIDIA cards) supports all three video formats.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.