that's just sick...:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
that's just sick...:D
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
so lessee, you said you needed to go to the moon? and quick? ok, step right in! ;)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just one question:

What about if it does not sound right after all this......?

Frantz

·
Registered
643 Posts
Well according to all the "experts", puting that much money and work into it should "make" it sound good to the person who did it. Kind of like a pair of $500 interconnects. They only sound better because the person knows "mentally" that they spent that much money on them. :D ;) (and the guy rolling his eyes X 10,000,000,000)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FrantzM
Just one question:

What about if it does not sound right after all this......?

Frantz
good question...but it suddenly reminded me of Spinal Tap...who cares because ours goes to eleven! :D

·
Premium Member
11,759 Posts
Reminds me of the scene in Back to the Future where he plucked the guitar string and it blew him across the room.

·
Registered
645 Posts
These maniacs are located close to Varese just south of the Swiss border. Some of the richest freaks in Europe have little villas there, so you know who their clients might be. I will spend some time in the region this summer for the Jazz fest in Lugano. I'll make it a point to go there and will report back how it sounded. Hope I can still hear.

Till

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by KingofOld
wouldn't you simply go instantly deaf.
Yea I wonder!

I wonder how much power they are putting down to those speakers??????

I think what these people are trying to do.......

Trying to get a very high efficiency [110dB/1W/1M] and at a very low frequency [10Hz] from this system.

It wouldn't surprise me if that they do this with very little actual power.

I didn't noticed how many amplifiers they were using to power those 16 speakers.

On their site: Was there an wiring schematic of those speakers?????

From one of the pictures it looked like a series hook-up.

BTW...What is the lowest frequency produced by a musical instrument?????

brian

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Man, these guys seem to be hung up on no feedback devices... as if that was a good thing.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The lowest acoustic note is the 16 Hz (32') stop on a pipe organ.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine
Thanks Larry

Is (32') as in 32 feet ??????

brian

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
BTW, thanks to this post, I had a REALLY bizarre dream.

Seems some very strange church calls me up needing some audio work, so I go there and they drag me down these spiraling tunnels down deep underneath. And there's a LOT of weirdness going on around me (it was kind of like a church/circus cult), but I maintain my professional composure. Then they show me the big cement underground subwoofer and want me to do the final installation and wiring plus do the surround sound and I think "hey, this is the one I saw on AVS!". Of course, I have to wait for the elephant to carry in the woofers, which does show up eventually in the dream carrying what looks to be like 4' W subwoofers on its back.

Weird..............

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine
Just an FYI (I love useless but interesting information):

When reading this response, it struck me that I was sure there was a contrabass clarinet with a lower fundamental than 16Hz. I was correct, but it isn't a standard contrabass clarinet - LeBlanc made just a couple of octocontrabass clarinets with a lowest note of 14.57 Hz!

Also interesting is that the Hill Organ in Sydney, Aus. has a C-1 pipe that is a full octave below the typical C0 pipe on other organs (yep, a 64 foot pipe). This note is a whopping 8.18 Hz.

And, topping the crazy charts, a dude named Gregg Bailey made a 64 foot superduperocto subcontrabass clarinet with a fundamental of 4.09 Hz.

:eek:

BTW, most people would be surprised to find out that the common piano extends down to 27.5 Hz, and the Bosendorfer (German Grand with extended low range) goes down to 21.83 Hz.

Oh, and another interesting and useless tidbit - there's a flute that has a lowest note of 61.74 Hz.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Some people play bass guitar. I suppose some could play bass flute...

I am surprised we have not heard goneten's thoughts on this sub.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
well, after reading this, I'm on to building the first 128ft infra-super-duper-sexocto with a fundamental of 2.045Hz.

Somebody please call Guiness. Oh yeah, the book of records too! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrikos
well, after reading this, I'm on to building the first 128ft infra-super-duper-sexocto with a fundamental of 2.045Hz.

Somebody please call Guiness. Oh yeah, the book of records too! :D
:D :D

BTW......What's the bottom end for human hearing ??????

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.