Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I trust you very much , so I want some recommendations for a mobo to best fit with PIII 1.33Ghz Tualatin processor..

At this moment I am testing a Chaintech 60JA3T mobo and it seems very fine , how does it compared with an ASUS TUSL2-C ?

Is the ASUS better?

Any other GOOD choices?

Thanks in advance.:)

Edit : How could I know if the mobo can accept more CPU dpeeds in the future (Upgradability!) ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
All the Intel Socket 370 chips have been announced and most already discontinued. If I remember correctly, the Celeron ends at 1.4Ghz and the PIII at 1.4 or 1.5Ghz, the motherboards should support these. The only other S370 chip I know of is the Via C3 which is still ~1Ghz, so who knows.

I personally have an Asus Tusl2-C and have no problems.

I have a spare one if someone wants it.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Minaelromany:

___Tough question as I have never used the Gigabyte GA-60OXT although 5 PCI slots may hamper you later on … The full featured 6OXET does not have this limitation. Even finding a good review on the 6OXT’s is tough. Looking over the non-Tualatin capable OXE’s and 6OXM, I only saw comments in regards to the 4-DIMM solution which was scrapped on the 6OXT and the onboard Creative sound solution conflicting with the last PCI slot while loading Win98. The DIMM issue is more a limitation in the I815 chipset and the amount and types of SDRAM that can populate the DIMM slots than any particular MB’s ability to run a particular DIMM(s) in dual sided configurations or 3/4 bank populated modes. Other than these small issues, the two reviews of the non-Tualatin boards showed good stability as is the case with most I815 based boards. I would not say it’s a bad board in the least and between the Chaintech and a Gigabyte based board, I would take the Gigabyte every single time without question.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.