AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that on some channels HD & standard def. that there is some motion blur the motion just looks wrong 2 weeks ago it was fine I have a 120HZ. SONY LCD. I also have a LG LCD in a bedroom that is doing the same thing and that tv is a 60HZ. Blu-Ray on my Sony looks great so I know its not the tv. Does anyone have any input on the problem.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD1980 /forum/post/18271465

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that on some channels HD & standard def. that there is some motion blur the motion just looks wrong 2 weeks ago it was fine I have a 120HZ. SONY LCD. I also have a LG LCD in a bedroom that is doing the same thing and that tv is a 60HZ. Blu-Ray on my Sony looks great so I know its not the tv. Does anyone have any input on the problem.

Don't know what the problem is but I have not noticed this on any of my sets with D* receivers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are experiencing "compression artifacts". It comes from the cable/ota/satellite provider, nothing you can really do about it.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
There are 3 cause of motion blur on LCD TVs.

1. The response time of the screen is too slow (not an issue on almost alll if not all current models)

2. The fact that LCD screens "Show and Hold" there image content can cause motion blur with faster moving objects.

3. Poorly filmed movies that Pan scenes too fast for thei cameras 24fps frame rate will have blur even though they use 48fps shutter speeds. Just like you get blurry photograps in a still camera if the shutter speed is too slow for motion speed of the object you are taking a picture of or if you do not hold the camera still enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts