AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of snaggin a new tv possibly this coming year. Plasma would be nice but im still slightly concerend about motion blur even though its suposedly fixed by now. So its between that or another DLP possibly

anyway my real major concern these days is motion blur. I use these tvs almost exclusivly for gaming (videogames, not sports =P), currently i have a sony kds 60a3000. Which i know uses a LCOS display system. Im prety happy with it as far as delay goes and picture, but the motion blur does bug me. It has a motion enhancing feature that helps a bit, but seems to add to delay

anyway, my question is this: is motion blur on dlps exclusive to the LCOS system because of the LCD aspect of it, or do regular displays, like say, a samsung LED DLP also have them? I would assume a regular DLP wouldn't have it but id like to know for sure since its hard to detect in a store with regular programing that they show sometimes.

also, im assuming latest generations also have non existant input lag right? this one from about a year ago its very very short but i still notice it occasionally

tnx!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
SXRDs have very little motion blur. DLPs have even less. You should not have a problem with motion blur on an LED DLP. If you are having motion blur problems on an SXRD it may be settings related, such as too much noise reduction. But of you want to know more about whether motion blur is a problem in a (Samsung) LED DLP why not ask in the appropriate owner's thread?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well if i turn motion enhancer to max it takes care of most of it but that seems to increase general input lag too, which is even worse. It wasn't just samsung led dlps but dlps in general that dont use LCOS systems.

so it seems that non LCOS system ones have very little motion bur then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts