AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. I just bought a Sharp 80UQ17U and I had a question on it. I know a lot of people do not like the soap opera effect, but I actually like it. My question is(and if it has been answered on another thread, please point me there as I could not find an answer) can I keep that effect but turn off the motion blur? I believe film mode causes SOE and 120hz high is suppose to fix the motion blur? Anyways if I turn off one or the other I lose the SOE, so do you have to have both on to get that effect? Is there a way to have that effect but get rid of motion blur? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
New to this forum. I just bought a Sharp 80UQ17U and I had a question on it. I know a lot of people do not like the soap opera effect, but I actually like it. My question is(and if it has been answered on another thread, please point me there as I could not find an answer) can I keep that effect but turn off the motion blur? I believe film mode causes SOE and 120hz high is suppose to fix the motion blur? Anyways if I turn off one or the other I lose the SOE, so do you have to have both on to get that effect? Is there a way to have that effect but get rid of motion blur? Thanks for the help.
What do you mean turn off the motion blur? You want to see motion blur, or you don't want to see motion blur?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean turn off the motion blur? You want to see motion blur, or you don't want to see motion blur?
Turn it off I meant. But I figured out that if you have SOE on than you kind of have to except motion blur. However I did do 240hz with film mode on standard and I do not see motion blur, but the SOE isn't as dominate as it is if film mode is on advanced. Oh well I still enjoy the tv a lot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Turn it off I meant. But I figured out that if you have SOE on than you kind of have to except motion blur. However I did do 240hz with film mode on standard and I do not see motion blur, but the SOE isn't as dominate as it is if film mode is on advanced. Oh well I still enjoy the tv a lot.
My Samsung has two film modes. Auto1 and Auto2. Auto1 causes jitters so I have it on Auto2. That's what everybody recommends. But when using my Blue Ray Player, Film mode is greyed out.

SOE has high judder reduction and low blur reduction. So I guess you will get blur. Samsung has five settings. Off, clear=high blur reduction and low judder reduction. Most people recommend Clear. Standard=medium blur and medium judder reduction. Smooth =low blur reduction and high rudder reduction (SOE). I guess you mean Soap Opera Effect, and custom where you can set it the way you want.

I use Custom when watching DVD/Blue Ray. Blur is at 10 and judder is at 5. That's because of fast moving scenes. That works good for me on DVD and Blue Ray. I don't like blur and I don't like judder. But when watching regular tv (Direct TV), I have it set on clear.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts