AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just wondering is Samsung offer anything similar to motion flow on its sets? My friend has a 32 inch Sony and when he turns "Motion Flow" on high the picture just looks like you can literally touch the people on the tv. I mean it may get annoying after a while but it might be cool while watching a cncert or somthing. Anyway, I have a Samsung 63B550 and he said Samsung should have something similar just named something else. Does anyone know what it may be called or if Samsung even offers such a setting. If it does, where can I navigate to mess with it? Thanks.

On a side note, does anyone know what the new firmware fixes on the Samsung?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
thats a motion enhancer and mostly LCD's only have them

Plasma does not need motion enhancers because they handle motion better than LCD's do naturally by design

·
Registered
546 Posts
On the Samsung its called AMP (auto motion plus) but thats on LCD sets only with 120hz and 240hz refresh rates.

As for Plasma the only similar might be the Cinema smooth but i doubt it will give the "soap-opera" look. Since you have a B550 you need to go into the SM to adjust to B560 to get Cinema smooth.

IMO Plasmas look way more natural and doesn't need the "soap-opera" effect. Trust me it gets old quick and has issues.

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
It's not a feature used on plasma's because of the differences in technology with an LCD.

Samsung has this feature called Auto Motion Plus or AMP for short.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the info. I have a Pioneer plasma in the living room and couldnt find the feature either. I guess I know why now..lol

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just because it handle motion better, doesn't make the motion enhancer feature any less cool looking to people, IMO plasma should have something that looks like the motion enhancer feature on LCD, cause it something that would help plasma's sell more and give it the real pop that some of us love....

·
Registered
998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergames /forum/post/18176582

Just because it handle motion better, doesn't make the motion enhancer feature any less cool looking to people, IMO plasma should have something that looks like the motion enhancer feature on LCD, cause it something that would help plasma's sell more and give it the real pop that some of us love....

Since when is motion interpolation responsible for 'pop'? That is an attribute of contrast ratio, which interpolation has nothing to do with.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetthal /forum/post/18176451

As for Plasma the only similar might be the Cinema smooth but i doubt it will give the "soap-opera" look. Since you have a B550 you need to go into the SM to adjust to B560 to get Cinema smooth.

Cinema smooth is about displaying content as it was intended. "Motion Flow" and "Auto-Motion Plus" is about screwing it up bigtime.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 /forum/post/18177382

Since when is motion interpolation responsible for 'pop'? That is an attribute of contrast ratio, which interpolation has nothing to do with.

Just ignore the kid. He's just upset his parents went for the plasma. He's changed his story several times anyway.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedizz /forum/post/18176470

Thank you for the info. I have a Pioneer plasma in the living room and couldnt find the feature either. I guess I know why now..lol

If your Pioneer has the "Pure Cinema" feature set it to smooth. I sometimes get the soap opera effect your looking for with it set that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts