AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I have the new 1080p Apple TV hooked to our new LG PA6550 via HDMI. Apple TV output is set to "Auto" and the 6550 reads the signal as 1080/60p. I have the TV settings as Expert 2 calibrated according to the numbers posted here, and it looks great except on certain panning sequences. Saw this on both 720p streamed content from iTunes and Netflix HD streamed content ("Thor" if you must know). Nothing major, and I think I'm the only one who sees it, but it's there.

Ideas for how to minimize via settings? I have 15Mbps down and the Apple TV wired into the router so it's not a streaming issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You will never get a good razor sharp image when streaming content from the net. It just aint going to happen. There are so many variables in the equation. If you have a player with a disk hooked up to your TV, experiment with that and see how it looks.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
First of all a minor correction. Your tv is not calibrated if you used someone else's settings. The pq may look better but your set is not calibrated. There's more to calibration than plugging in someone else's numbers. Have you turned off TruMotion or any other enhancements and checked for judder? Do you see it when playing BD/DVDs? And yes, it could be a streaming issue depending on your ISP or the capacity of the Netflix servers closest to you. HD streaming requires greater bandwith than SD and if the servers are getting close to capacity, or if you are on cable and everyone in your area is streaming something at the same time..... I too have an AppleTV2 (720p) and stream wirelessly. I've never had an issue with judder or the infamous "blinking out" of Netflix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts