AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am a new happy owner of a 360 HD-DVD-addon

first i want to say that KK rocked in forms of PQ, but there is a slight problem i am having.. first of all the menu is very laggy, like a high end game you are trying to run on a low end computer.. and also in the movie (this is minimal but noticable) i am seeing smal motion stutter when the camera pans or moves.

anyone else having theese problems with king kong on the drive? i will recieve 2 new titles monday, and if they are having same problems i am sending the drive back...

I am running in a native 720P resolution on my 32" LCD Screen.

thanks in advance

-mark pedersen

PS. be nice this is my first post in here

· Registered
3,715 Posts
No motion blur at all on my 92" front projector watching KK on my 360 add on.

Could the dreaded LCD motion blur issue be the problem?

· Registered
2,900 Posts
I haven't experienced these issue's with King Kong. But, Miami Vice was acting weird like this. After about 2 resets, It played fine. But I think you should give it more time. Fresh format! The U-control on DERAILED wouldn't work for me. But it works on King Kong! But that's why MS can release software updates. To fix the problems. For me the +'s exceeds the -'s. Know what I mean?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well arent your menus laggy either? i mean do they run smooth? the menu where you select scenes languages and subtitles..? it might be my king kong HD-DVD that is faulty, but if it does it with the new ones i am getting either tomorrow or tuesday it is my drive.. it does it in both 720p and 1080i resolution, have tried and rebooted the xbox several times and didnt do anything.. could it really be my brand new LCD screen? i mean it has under 8MS respons time and it runs it in 60Hz...

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting news.. i tried switching on the component cable from HDTV to TV setting so that it runs 480p and it ALSO lags there.. tried all resolutions also the small ones, and the problem is still there... plz help!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
more updates: tried it on my freinds 42" plasma TV and the excact same "lagg/motion stutter" occured during the film... it is not unwatchable and the PQ is also 100% primo quality. can anyone explaing to me what the above poster wrote? the 2:3 pulldown, and why its not 100% smooth on HD-DVD's..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.