AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..I have read most of the DVR and HD threads around and have not found a concise step by step answer. And I know someone has it.

I have a Mits 62725 dlp (with firewire) and a Motorola 6412 dvr cable box (with active firewire). I am finally picking up my Mits HD2000U tomorrow and need to know what cables to get with it in addition to general operating questions. I could not find a pdf manual online.

Can someone give me the step by step process for recording HD from the 6412 or DLP to the DVHS? Including hookup to all.

For example:

-Am I recording from the 6412 or the tv?

-Do I have a choice of recording from either?

-Does my tv need to be on exactly what is being recorded?

-Since the 6412 is a dual tuner can I watch something on my set and record to the DVHS from the 6412's other tuner that is tuned to something else?

-Can my tv be off and just record from the 6412?

-If I am recording from the tv can the 2000U record from a channel other than the tv channel I am watching? For example I am watching NBC ota but want to record CBS HD ota.

Just give me the rundown on how this works. My vision of how it should may not be reality and I may go another route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Ask AVS member Kipp Jones.

In general, the 6412 has a hard drive & two tuners, so you can record/playback anything on cable, on it. It holds a total of about 15 hours of HDTV. It can record two different programs at once while you watch another recorded program at the same time, or you can watch one live program and record another at the same time. You send the signal to the HDTV for viewing using Firewire (IEEE1394).

The HDTV & D-VHS can also be used to record from over-the-air digital TV, assuming you have an antenna and connect both with Firewire.

You can also download recordings for permanent archiving from the 6412 to the D-VHS, using Firewire.

So, as you can see, Firewire is the key.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmert
can anyone tell me if the MOTO 6412 has an ATSC tuner for OTA local HD channels?

thanks
No, it does not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.