AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had it. Shortly after I received the 9.19 upgrade to my 6412s, Comcast turned on 5C and all the problems trying to get my JVC 40K to sync with the 6412 have returned. I was happily recording for almost a year with no handshake problems and no 5C enabled. Then I noticed last week that I couldn't record any HBO/SHO programs from the 6412 to my PC. I checked the user menu on the 6412 and sure enough 5C was enabled on everything except the HD locals.

So I whinced and ordered some more SVHS tape and thought, at least I can still record HD to tape. I can but sometimes it takes 15-20 minutes before I can get the two machines talking to each other. Turning off and on the 6412/JVC, unplugging both, turning both off/on again and again. I have tried every power cycle trick that has been posted by several avs members over the past year and nothing seems to get handshake on the first attempt.

In addition to the sync problem, twice I have had to re-record because the 6412 stopped playing back the movie I was dumping to tape. I have at least a dozen movies I want to record to tape from the 6412s but at this rate it will take me a month or more to accomplish. I would call comcast if I thought it would help but at this point it is time to look for another DVHS archive solution, maybe the R5000 and Dish/BEV.

Anyone else having similar problems recording to DVHS since 9.19 or 5C enabled?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.