AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rcvd the hdtv upgrade from RCN. I went from reg video yellow cable on a moto dct 2100 to component video into the hd input on my Toshiba cinema series. Anyway I had used Avia to calibrate to dvd input and based my tv settings off of that. Contrast @ 46, sharpness 30, color is flat, tint was a hair towards red like -2. Color temp medium.

I have read about the poor analog reception of the dct 5100 but does it also increase the red in the picture? Faces looked particularly more red.

I actually had to change color temp from medium to cool and increase the tint to a few clicks abover center TOWARDS GREEN

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the exact problem with my box except it was the S-Video that gave me the "Red-push" not the component. HDTV through the component looks fine and the analog channels look ok too, not nearly as red as when the S-video is used. Any suggestions?

The box is hooked up to my projector with component and composite. It is also connected to a standard 27" TV with composite only. It was the S-video into the TV that gave the severe red push when compared to the composite in the TV and component into the projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.